Can't connect to Wifi

Tell me more about where you live. Can you go somewhere else and try to connect to a hotspot or WiFi network?

I live in Utrecht, a city probably known to you :wink: I live in a studentappartment with multiple others, there is usage of multiple WIFI emitting devices in a close range, but that shouldn’t be an issue right? Especially not in these days where wifi is key for our society…

Again: everytime I try to connect to a network, it either turns of my wifi and goes back to the mainscreen, or it simply says that it cannot connect, I typed my passwords correctly (even checked it on my phone), I updated the PPM to the newest software, I tried using the “secret menu” where i can acces my wifi, nothing works…

1 Like

Here is an example of what happens, it tries connecting, and then cancels and disconnects my wifi @IvoGrijt

1 Like

Well you probably won’t believe it, but…

Which is just a few posts higher up this thread where I moved your question to, as I had a feeling it might be the same issue.
And you’re right, it shouldn’t be an issue but it apparently is for the PPX.

The only REAL thing i want to know if how to figure out if its a Software problem or a hardware problem, because i would be really bummed out if i had to resend my PPM if its a hardware problem… So I’m hoping it patchable! @IvoGrijt

It’s a software issue, because if you test this anywhere else, it will work just fine. I took my unit which works fine at home to this location at the Uithof, and mine just went totally kierewiet like yours, only to work perfectly fine once back home.

Today I’m gonna test if mine doesn’t go kierewiet at another location, lets hope this is the case and that Philips is going to fix it! @IvoGrijt

1 Like

I’m having also troubles with the wifi, but in my case everything is ok at the beginning but usually after half and hour the wifi turn off by itself by no apparent reason.

So I have to go into settings turn it on again and it will work normally … just for another half an hour.

Does anybody have the same issue? there is something I can do? Otherwise is not very useful to have it

1 Like

Please open a ticket for this one by mailing support@screeneo.com

Just wanted to let you know that it is in fact a software issue, too many networks gives the PPM issues with connecting, so if more people struggle with this, I really hope Philips will be fixing it, because I explicitly bought it to use in my student appartment!

1 Like

I don’t have this problem. I have connected to my Wi-Fi without problem of random disconnection.
I saw somewhere in the discussion that the 5g freq. is preferred. The problem is that I don’t find where to select or change this option on PPMax. It was automatically connected to 2.4g freq. On my modem I have both freq, same passwd, same scheme protection. Can I change or re-select the freq on PPMax?

No, this is something a lot of routers set up as default, I however personally feel that each network should have a different SSID so you can pick the desired frequency.

Please rename the SSID’s or create a new one for the 5GHz frequency band, and then select that on your PPX.

I have my PPX now for a couple of months and was always able to connect to the home WIFI without issues. Since a couple of weeks, I had to reconnect (enter passcode) when starting up the ppx, but that would still work after some trial and error. Since a few days, I cannot connect at all any more. The WIFI appears to be connected according to the dialogue box, but there is no internet. On the same wifi, all other devices just work perfectly fine. I tried several of the above suggestions, incl separating the 5GHz frequency, but to no avail. And no, there are not a lot of other wifi networks, just the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks plus one booster from in one single home network. I consider this is a very serious bug in the ppx that appears to have begun some weeks ago and makes the device to me pretty useless. Has there been a software update that could have caused this misery?

Are you able to test it in a WiFi network outside your home area, like at a family / friend / work place?

Sure, I will try and report my finding on the forum. Is there anything else I can check / try, such as “deeper” settings in the device or network?

I want to rule out if it’s something in your environment or if it’s the PPX itself. Once we’ve done that we can narrow things down further.

Well what firmware version are you on now and when did you update it, compare that to when you first encountered these problems and what firmware did you have when you first got the device, how many updates have you done, that’s the first steps in trouble shooting your problems,
Have you attempted a factory reset, network reset etc to resolve the issue,
You might have attempted all the above and it still didn’t solve anything but it’s more helpful to provide every single detail of everything to narrow things down between a defective device and or critical failure or a technical problem, network error there are just too many variables

1 Like

Hi @johan you can also try to connect to your WiFi network using hidden Android settings. Try to erase the previously saved password etc. first.

1 Like

Hey Guys! @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

I still have the same problem, I even moved to a different house (also probably with many wifi routers…)

It still happens… I just cant seem to be able to connect my PPM to wifi, it doesnt even see the networks, not even my own hotspot from my phone. It only works if I connect it to someone’s wifi in an actual house, not in my student studio.

It really amazes me that a piece of equipement like this is STILL not able to connect to wifi, please please please try to fix this… it has been over 2 months and I cant imagine that I’m the only one with this problem!

1 Like

@IvoGrijt guessing you didnt correctly read my message, I STILL have the same problems! It isnt solved yet :wink: i need help

1 Like