Can't go "home" when having the HDMI port in when turning the device on

I did disabled CEC on the PPM itself and the problem is solved.
So, in my case, this issue is solved by this setting alone (CEC is disabled in PPM’s Settings > About > Software Versions (click 5 times) > Device preferences > Inputs

• HDMI control (Allow the TV to control HDMI devices) is now off
  • Device auto power off (Power off HDMI devices with the TV) is now off
  • TV auto power on (Power on the TV with HDMI device) is now on
1 Like

When connected HDMi device turns to sleep mode, PPM is not responding when it comes back.
This needs to be fixed.
Connect laptop or desktop via HDMI this can be easily reproducible.

@IvoGrijt I’m afraid we have to remove my answer as being the solution. Did some more testing on this and the problem is actually still there. So turning off CEC on the device itself won’t solve the problem. :sleepy:

I will try to get some logs attached in this thread in a couple of days.

1 Like

Let’s see if others are successful perhaps using your instructions, they’re certainly not wrong, if only not enough to solve this issue.

same problem here with an Apple TV 4. If I put the Apple TV to sleep the Pico still switches to HDMI input. Plus the remote seems to work randomly to turn off the Pico. I can never turn it on with the remote. HDMI control is off, DAPO is off, TV auto power on is Off.

1 Like

Any updates here? It’s a big issue for me to unplug the hdmi from the ppm just to go to Home as mine is mounted to the ceiling

A workaround is to buy a HDMI switcher (preferably one with remote if you are lazy), so that you can just switch away to enable the home button to work.

I didn’t specifically do this but I already have the infrastructure in place before I have ppm. I had same issue like yours but I can get back to home by switching away, hit home and switch back.

Hi,
My projector too has a similar problem, however when I disconnect the source it just goes black and I have no access to the OS. I have to force shutdown by holding the power button for a long period. I can turn on the projector using the remote but not shutdown. The Rockwell Kernel logo and picopix loader shows but then it goes black, connect a usb c video cable without source shows no signal and connecting a source will display the screen, however remote does not function nor do the on board buttons. So far my theory is something wrong with the OS and might have to reflash it. If possible can you guide me through the process or how can I claim warranty if this is a major non fixable issue. Thanks,
Nikunj.

No worries now. Did a factory reset from boot menu and working now.

1 Like

I started to use the projector with an HDMI cable plugged in to a PC, and I have this issue too…

The firmware is at the latest public version 1.2.7.

Already applied the “solution” in the first post, but it didn’t help.

• From the remote I turn on the projector that has the HDMI plugged in (from a PC, turned on, but that is not sending signal)
  • I see for 2 seconds the projector desktop image
  • for 2 seconds I see the input selection menu
  • I hear a “ding” sound (that I’m not sure if it comes from the PC or the projector) and the “NO SIGNAL” yellow screen appear
  • I press “back” on the remote and I see for half a second the input menu, then immediately black screen and the “NO SIGNAL” yellow screen
  • now the “back” button doesn’t work anymore
  • sometimes the “back” button doesn’t work at all from the first yellow screen, but not always