China Wuhan Epidemic

20 confirmed cases in Shenzhen on January 24th.
gov.cn sounds pretty official as a source, but I can‘t read the original Chinese text.

Coronavirus outbreak declared global public health emergency

Some airlines have restricted or stopped flights originating from mainland China and Hong Kong, will this affect the shipments?

A few outlets are reporting that Foxconn have decided not to reopen their Shenzhen factory on the 10th. That’s fairly big news.

I posted a bit of data about how things are going in the city, with a link, in this other convo:
https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/corona-impact-on/3256/8

tl;dr - things are getting better; I would guess we will know more in a few days

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N, how are things at the Shenzhen factory today? Were they reopened, or staying closed as a precaution?

2 Likes

Reading this comment now made me laugh this morning!

You can laugh, but at that time, yes everything was going OK in Shenzhen. I was living there for 8 years and I have many friends there. They went to work at that period without any issues

I know, all I am saying is how quickly things change in this global world these days.

yes. and with the new wave… In any case by the time the second waves come we will have finish all shipment. Still, very difficult to get flights for shipping

I think we need one final push, if we can get out forwarder to pick up the Joy batch this week, we should miss the second wave.

We are on it. it should be doable to pick up on Friday or Saturday. I will keep Ivo posted for him to post it

2 Likes

Cool thanks! I’ve updated the date to Monday in the News section as per your last post.

I sincerely hope so, but yesterday’s news from Beijing were not very positive in this regard. Hopefully they are able to better contain the spread this time when they know what they are up against.

Yes, It is getting crazier by the day! 2020 should just be over now.