China Wuhan Epidemic

Since the factory is based in China, will the shipping be affected?

Is the factory based in Wuhan? The entire city is on lock-down now.

As for shipments to Hong Kong, will it be affected? Please let me know.

+1

I am also concerned about the shipment which was already made.

You must think I’m really stupid or something but since you don’t know how the virus is spread - is there a chance to bring it to EU with the product? Or are the factories that clinically clean?

I think they are producing in Shenzhen as they mentioned in another thread here.

2 Likes

I think we can close the issue pretty fast. Not only are they not producing near Wuhan and is China taking a lot of measures to avoid the spreading of the virus. It is also practically impossible for a virus to survive outside of his “host” (human in this case) for a long time. To be more exact:

Flu viruses can survive in the air for several hours, especially at lower temperatures, and on hard surfaces they can survive and remain infectious for 24 hours
Source: sciencefocus.com

To be clear, the new virus is considered to be flu like. This means that even in the unlikely to impossible case that some of the virus would manage to get on a projector, it would never survive the transport process.

Long story short: don’t worry :wink:

2 Likes

Hi guys, the factory is based in Shenzhen, don’t worry :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ok, sorry for asking. maybe I played too much “plague inc.” this week… :wink:

3 Likes

Instead of being worried about the projector, it probably makes more sense to worry about everyone including yourself’s health…

4 Likes

Imagine that… hehe Corona virus spreads through crowd funded projector… You’d be paying to receive the virus… Extra bonus feature… Luckily the projectors don’t cough or extrude liquids… Atleast if nothing broke in shipping…

Thanks for the concern guys. I will reach out to our incredible China R&D team to make sure everyone’s safe.

What if the virus hid between the pixel shifting mirrors & when the mirrors vibrate at 240Hz, the virus :microbe: become dislodged & gets expelled at high velocity into the atmosphere by the cooling fan operating in Presentation mode because the room was too bright! :scream:

Guys everything is under control in China, you know how is the Press.
I have many friends in Shenzhen and there is no issue there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey guys, anyone form this region to share what the situation is there first hand? I read the media but don’t know how much of this is actually exadurated?

Premier Li chairs leading group meeting on coronavirus prevention, control

http://english.www.gov.cn/premier/news/202001/26/content_WS5e2d940ec6d019625c603f8b.html

it is mostly true i think. It’s actually really bad and is spreading globally now…

1 Like

This is an interesting perspective from a western business owner based in Shenzhen YouTube

I’ve been reading in chinese and contacting my friends there and I can confirm that what said basically is how it is

1 case only in Shenzhen. Our Factory is there. The issue is that workers are coming from everywhere.
We are checking internally

Will the outbreak of the Coronavirus delay everything?

There is already another discussion here…

Sorry, didn’t notice…