Connect SSD to PPMax

The PPM is a 1080p projector it really doesn’t require too much, a class 10, U1 card is sufficient, but depending on capacity if you search around you can get a U3 card for similar price so naturally go for the U3 in case you have other uses later on, but there is simply no need for more, U3 cards are good enough even for 4K camera recordings let along just playback on a 1080p device.

1 Like

Grazie… Thanks

1 Like

My SSD is not getting recognised in any app in PPM but works with my PC.

This was pointed out before. @Philips_Support_P mentioned PPM doesn’t supply enough power for the SSD to work.

1 Like

Any trick, do we have any cable that can work?

The only “trick” is to use a powered USB hub. It isn’t a problem of cable but of power over USB 2.0…max 500ma. My SanDisk sdd also doesn’t work but seems that the Samsung T5 does… In other word… Most of the sdd on the market needs more than 500mA and doesn’t work on the USB 2.0 of the PPMax

1 Like

I confirm that in my hands the Samsung T5 SSD (500GB) works well with the PPM.

1 Like

What’s different about your hands?

Hi Ivo,

I’m not sure you why you ask this question.
I’m not a native English person (I’m french).
Of course, my hands have no particular power.
The thing that was supposed to be read is that the specific PPM unit that I have received and the specific unit of Samsung T5 SSD that I have work well together. But taking into account that at a very low percentage some PPM units or some Samsung T5 units might be defective and eventually will not work together, the “in my hands” thing would emphasize that I acknowledge it might not work for somebody else.
I’m not sure this post adds something usefull to this thread, but because you have been so kind doing your best in replying to everybody, I’m not feeling like not replying to you.
All the best.

1 Like

I’m sorry you caught my remark the wrong way.
What I meant to ask is what you have done different perhaps to make it work “In your hands”.
You’re right, the way you worded it was not a native English speaker way of indicating “mine works just fine” so I thought you had done something special to make it work, and I was curious as to what that might be, that’s all. :innocent:

Let’s call it me being in a rush and you not getting me, lost in translation. No hard feelings, thanks for taking the time to still address me and not just get mad at me.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

The main idea of my (first) post is that PPM + T5 work flawlessly, and that I believe this shall be expected by anyone else willing to try (or buy). I did not have to do anything special for it to work.

Good luck with all the work you have to take care of :muscle::+1:

1 Like

Just remembered this topic after reading a question on Facebook about hard drives , and then tested out 2 of my portable external hard drives, both are hard drives not solid state, about the size of the original iPhones, so both being mechanical hard drives I would assume should require much more power to run, yet they both worked with the ppm, as well as my Samsung T5 as mentioned earlier, so it baffles me why the sandisk ssd won’t work,
But I must add and what is also weird is one of my hard drives is a Western digital at 320GB which is a little older and it takes at least 5 to 6 minutes for it to show up and be recognised as a USB device,
Where as the other drive is a Toshiba 1TB drive yet that comes up on file manager instantly,
So I’m not sure if this will work for the sandisk or other hard drives or ssd’s but try leave it plugged in for longer and see if that helps?

1 Like