Control PPMax with a dedicated App

While I would l like an APP too, it’s more of a nice to have feature, not high on the list of priority fixes they need to get right on this brand new Beta product. I have the Capsule II, and the only time I use the app is when I can’t find the remote. The built in Netflix requires a mouse to navigate, and this looks similar to the PPM implementation will as well for many apps, thus they went with pure hardware solution and the “Airmote” design.

They said they will look in to the possibility to adjust this app to picopix max in the future, but of course they have higher priorities now:)

Yes, for sure, priority to sending units and polishing the software and the UI/UX !

But a mean to enter text easily (for e.g. thru searching interface) will be welcome.

It would for sure be a great addition!

1 Like

PPM is not yet a final commercial product. It makes no sense from a business (and project management) perspective to update that App now.
The most they would release a beta version for PPM but it would be a really pain in the posterior to maintain 2 versions of the app (stable and beta) till PPM will become a mature product.

@Philips_Support_P, any update on this?

Does anyone here have the Phillips control app already with another Phillips device? Does it automatically pause playback of video on incoming call? KDE Connect does this to my laptops with VLC, Kodi, and Chrome with extension. I am finding myself already very much missing this feature on the PPMax!

I’ve got the control app - using it with a previous pp model…

It just controls the pp via WiFi - no change if the phone rings, etc.

As they’ve already got the app, should be simple to update from android 4.4 (I think) to android 9.

Can I vote again for KDE Connect instead of Phillips app then? Lol

@Philips_Support_P maybe KDE is also easier to implement?

Please look at the nvidia shield remote control app for inspiration.

It is by far the best companion app controller out there.

1 Like

I agree. I really appreciate that you can select input type and jump directly between apps.

I’ve used a few companion apps on a number of different hardware and nothing comes close to the intuitive and functionality of the Shield app. Hands down it even beats the Apple TV remote app.

I think the bare minimum requirements for a companion app are:

1. Keyboard, with Copy/Paste function (passwords)
  2. Touchpad mouse
  3. App launcher
  4. Volume control
  5. ‘Home’ remote interface with DPad, volume, Ok, back and home buttons.
2 Likes

Hello,

after 12 hours of use, it seems an obligation to have the possibility to control the ppm with a remote app. the infrared it only in the back of the ppm but if you want a big image , the ppm it’s behind you…the remote doesn’t work in this case…

thanks for your developing

1 Like

If you paired the remote with the PPM in Bluetooth, only the power on/off command need IR.
All other commands will be sent by Bluetooth so no need to point at the PPM anymore.

As @Morganjp said, you can find the informations here :

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your response, it’s fun :slight_smile:

I found this app that works great as a touchscreen:

Really easy to connect.

3 Likes

I´m backer #109* and i haven’t yet get mine PPM :disappointed_relieved: I use now my Nebula Capsule I and same problem with IR it’s only in the back. So i use everytime remote app, it’s work like charm and input also mouse working nice. My vote for the program.

Hello,
in fact, i do a mistake because you have the capability to connect the remote in bluetooth :slight_smile: , it’s extra