Control PPMax with a dedicated App

With Kodi 18.6 or VLC, plus and KDE connect app installed on both PPM and phone, media controls, volume control, automatic pause on phone call, etc works great. Sending b text from n phone to PPM also works if you select the KDE Connect keyboard in hidden settings. I still have been unable to get the PPM to accept mouse input through KDE Connect, though, but it’s technically possible.

@Philips_Support_P , if you are making a new app to control the PPM, you should use the API’s and methods already implemented in KDEConnect as your starting point, preserve compatibility, etc!

1 Like

I’ve been using this:

https://apkpure.com/teamviewer-host/com.teamviewer.host.market

It works great,even has a button I sorely miss, to allow me to view all open appsand close those I don’t want to keep open on the PPX.

from quick google search I did not found if it’s possible to implement KDE Connect as host on Android but I’m all in for using existing solutions or APIs if possible.

This is kind of example of using existing solution I mentioned above but:

• it needs internet connection as far as I remember
  • I have bit of antipathy against Teamviewer due to their licensing/pricing policy (but of course that’s my own “problem” :slight_smile: ) - but I see this as another con point for Teamviewer as it’s could not be used when PPM is bought by company etc. as it’s only free for personal use
1 Like

Hope the internal software is complete.

1 Like

for me it is not working… my phone is connected with ppx and the app shows that ppx is connected but I can not control it

Just found about scrcpy-android - looks promising

Not sure when I’ll get to testing it so I’ll be thankful if anyone post their results :slight_smile:

I’ve used scrcpy between my Arch Linux laptop and my Android phone. Wireless connection for scrcpy seems to require wired connection first for each session, due to adb bridge security. Or has that changed since last I looked?

KDE Connect on my phone controls play / pause / next /volume when the PPM is playing Kodi, VLC , and I think prime video (the only apps I use regularly). Sending key strokes works from Android to Android if KDE Connect Keyboard is selected on the receiver, but doesn’t seem to work on the PPM for some reason. Remote mouse function does not work on PPM at all, and I haven’t seen it work on Android to Android elsewhere yet either. However, it all works from laptops to Android and vice versa, which means it shouldn’t be too hard or far to get it all 100% functional on the PPM…

I found today a amazing thing. You can connect the Philips airmote to your android Smartphone :smiley:

And @Philips_Support_P

If you can procide us the IR Code for the powerbutton and the bluetooth buttons maby android users can use it with tasker. This will be less comolex than creating a app.

In the app anymote (availible in ios and android) its possible to learn every IR signals from remotes but the airmote doesnt send anything. There is a possibility that you can share a wifi or bluetooth remotes too. Maby 1 Ingenieur has a lonley corona day and suprises us there ^^

And ehhh the 2-3 months are over :stuck_out_tongue:

IR codes are here - PicoMax IR Codes - Pastebin.com

4 Likes

Not that I know, like they said they want to complete the internal software first before starting on external apps.

Any news on the app to control the projector? It is a bit of a pain having to use the remote to reenter the passwords of Netflix and the likes when the app updates…

1 Like

Is there any other place where Phillips can be contacted for asking this?

Hi @enriques the app will not support text input initially.

Our suggestion is to get a Bluetooth keyboard and pair it to the projector. A USB keyboard should work just as well. You might also be able to install a Bluetooth remote app if you have an Android phone – it’ll turn your phone into a bluetooth remote+touchpad+keyboard, which you can then pair with the projector.

Any sort of ETA? I notice there arent any replacement remotes, so this will be a last resort for some to activate the focus?

Also, a keyboard wouldn’t very useful for copy/pasting long passwords from a password manager. Every time an app is updated I need to enter a 20 character alphanumeric password, which is a pain with the onscreen keyboard…

@Philips_Support_P Please look a Nebula Connect app - it work like charm with Nebula Capsule and do everything what we like do to with PPMax

Kodi is my go to app on the projector and the Kodi mobile app works like a charm - so all i need to do is turn on the projector, launch kodi (not looked for a “from boot app” to launch Kodi on boot yet ) and turn off - the rest is from my mobile. If i can find a launch on boot app like there is on android then the remote will simply be to power up and down. I appreciate that others use loads of different apps so this is not a fix all

Nice but you can still only control Kodi not the interface of the PPMax

is this feature dead in the water or is it being worked on still?

4 Likes

Since there’s no response to the previous post I’m gonna bump this one…

3 Likes

Bump, reviving this as I would still like this please! Remotes are old school and the typing functionality is painful on the airmote!