Food for thought about dissatisfaction rate

To be honest, it would have been better if they made it a “dumb” projector and added multiple HDMI ports to allow for extra external dongles to be attached. The experience with a Chromecast or Fire Stick is a much nicer experience than the current ASOP build. I hope they listen to the community and move to a TV focused interface.

2 Likes

Love my ppm.

You can tell which is ppm right?

Case closed.

I also have an LG Pico and I did a small comparison last night too. Powered the LG is as bright as the Philips on battery power. Once the Philips is plugged in, it is definitely brighter.

The advantage of the Philips was native 1080p compared to LG’s 720p native.
But where LG shines, is the dumb aspect of it, going directly to ports instead of a stripped down ASOP OS that seems to crash more than being usable.

While understanding this is a kickstarter product, it seems like there are too many bugs and corners cut while making this projector.

(example AF is not a button on the projector)

Wait until more people get one. I’m not generally a whinger but this product is not what we were promised. This was advertised as an all in one solution - no inputs required, as everything should be available via the app store - and the hardware is setup for exactly that, hence why you can’t use bluetooth or 4 corner correction over HDMI, so the UI needed to be spot on and as compatible with as many apps as possible but in it’s current state it is nowhere near. I think there will be a lot more complaints and rightly so as it will hopefully mean fixes.

2 Likes

My backer number is over 13k and there’s no way of knowing when I will receive mine so I can’t complain about anything else but the ridiculously overpromised shipping times. Most likely I won’t get mine for several more months.

mate, yours stats should be calculated on the total of people who actually received&used it, not on 14000 total backers.

1 Like

You can’t tell any satisfaction rates yet as the majority of backers don’t have their ppms.

You can only go by the number received at present - the dissatisfaction rate seems to be quite high for a retail product.

Most of the issues are software related so should be fixable in time - I’ve got an issue where every now and then it drops to its native resolution - just for a frame or 2. Hopefully that is software related as well.

Another issue is the lack of multitouch - you can’t drag the apps up using 2 fingers - you have to use the remote

1 Like

This is just nonsense…
Normally you measure satisfaction rate, not “dissatisfaction rate”.

And you simply imply that someone who doesnt express dissatisfaction is “satisfied”??

Illogical.