For those waiting for replacement units

That does sound like a different but related issue. Next time this happens will you be able to make a short video recording for us? Does it work if you use the left/right buttons to manually focus, if autofocus fails?

1 Like

No matter how I manual focus, nothing happens. It’s known that when you over focus it, it will go blur but this is just not the case. No matter how long I press on the manual focus, it just stays the same. But at times, it will work mechanically. At times I had hoped that it will either work completely or failed completely. At least at that point, I will be less confused. Haha

Can’t upload my video. It says my video is more than 4MB in size.

How/where is this info being collected. I’m one of those who emailed back when the bugreport email was still active and didn’t get a reply except the auto email on Jan 3.

Hi @djyvr, a form is being sent to be filled in by the customer. If you’ve not received it yet, send me a PM with your name or email address. I will check the status.

Hi, I own the PPM with constant thermal shutdowns at higher temperatures, you’ve heard my story @Philips_Support_P. I am pretty happy with it when it works. But certainly I’d like to get a replacement. I paid USD142 customs duty, same as everyone who ordered it in Thailand. How to deal with it in case of replacement?

Hi @Sergey, fully understand that you want a replacement.

Please contact support@screeneo.com and tell them you already have your projector and would like to return it because it is defective. The replacement is free of cost.

I am just worried if it is some other issue that may occur again with the new unit. Anyway let’s get you a replacement and see what happens.

In this case we will probably do it again and again until I receive a normal working device. I just don’t want to pay the custom tax every time :grin:.

@Philips_Support_P I never received the replacement form. Should that have come by down?

@HyAnPo expedited your request, you should’ve received a request for photo/video after which you’ll get the return form.

@Philips_Support_P I reported the issue on 31 December. I submitted photos and videos. I filled in the return form on the 23rd of Jan 2020. Still no follow up from your teams.

Hello @Georgeleecc
Welcome to this forum.

As you can see in this update (on the first post of this thread), it’s a coronavirus collateral impact :

I think it’s understandable that replacements can’t be sent, but would you mind giving an update on timelines and expectations for requesting a return.
I’ll put put my experience below and then comment with what I’d expect.
Device delivered early Friday morning. :grin: Joy!
Device not working. Joy dashed :worried:
Sent email to bugreport@screeneo.com and also reported on here.
Got told on here that I’ve sent info to wrong address - bugreport no longer in user and I should use support@screeneo.com. Fair enough.
Forward message to support address and get rapid response back saying “What device is this for”. Ah interesting, looks like it’s a generic support line. Provide the requested information and get no response. It was late Friday though - 16:30 UK.
Over weekend I read in here about the need to prove/demonstrate via video what the fault is, so pre-empt this by sending video of the fault - suitably compressed. No response. Well it is the weekend - maybe things are only expected to go wrong in the week!
This morning I sent another email asking for acknowledgement of the video and an explanation of the returns process. I’ve heard nothing back.

Can someone explain here what the process is for returns, and what the expected response times are? I understand it’s CNY and I’m not expecting a committed date for replacement, but I did at least expect some reply to say that my request was somewhere in a queue.

Thanks in advance for any insights into the mechanism, and let me know if I need to do something different. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect at least an acknowledgement that I’m in the queue, within 1 working day of reporting it.

One other minor point. The email says:
“ To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:” but there is no link below to click.

Hello,
My unit arrived faulty. The auto-focus is not working at all, the screen looks truncated (I can’t see the last icons at the bottom), the auto trapezoidal adjustment is not working as well and the fan is very noisy. What is the process to have it replaced.
I am very concerned about this DoA, it is time consuming for everybody, you should improve your quality checks in your production line as it is a very basic check to find this kind of issue.
The remote 3D sensor seems faulty as well and I am wondering why there is not set up button on the remote to avoid having going on the messy touch panel of the unit.
Where can I find a full user guide, going in the unit without a guide is also very messy.

Hello @gv1383
are you sure to use it in the right way, i was thinking the same untill i saw i was wrong:

autofocus, you can use your remote to ask to focus again and then you can perfect tuning it using arrows (on your remote)

screen looks truncated yes not a wonderful way to organize the first wall…at the beginning i was thinking like you! have you tried to go down with the arrows? In my case worked, I hope will be the same for you :grinning:

Concerning the remote is quite difficult at the beginning to use the air mote, try to use the arrows at the beginning and use the airmote only into apps like netflix/amazon…
good luck, i hope my experience with PPM usefull for you!
Mario

Hello Mario, the focus on the remote is not working at all either when auto focus is enabled or disabled. I succeed to do the on air upgrade and the we can see the screen in full, so it makes progress but the focus is still not working. I will ask for a return, I got a response from the PPS team and they ask me to send the filled return form back. I will be more than happy to get a way to solve to the focus issue, I thought the update will fix it but unfortunately not.

OK,
last chance, try to do the remote pairing again, after that I have no more to say…i think you need a replacement unit :unamused: