For those waiting for replacement units

They are trying their best to get this working, please follow the instructions above ASAP so you may get your unit returned and a new one sent.

@Armando_Monda don’t get your hopes up my friend. Even if they get your labels right it’s still going to be them deciding when to send you your replacement. They sent me on a wild goose chase with multiple different courier companies which Screeneo/Philips amazingly blames for incompetence. As soon as they finally got that right I sent the faulty unit immediately and they received it on the 16th of March. As you can see it’s already 2 weeks since they received the faulty unit and so far no sign of the replacement even being shipped. The matter doesn’t seem to be taken seriously by Philips yet. The only way this is going to be taken seriously is either legal or major coverage by a journalist both of which I think they are counting on being low risk to them at this stage. Plus all of this discussion is on their forum which they can delete and delist anytime as they have demonstrated their willingness to do.

@cjwilber @Georgeleecc I think what everyone here is expecting is just a clear communication, attention for consumers, honest commitment to who decided to join a crowdfound and decided to invest money in a project knowing that it would see the result after many months. All of us know that “a projector isn’t the most important thing in the world right now”, we are only asking for respect.
Right now, in my opinion, nothing for help us has been done @IvoGrijt this is not the right way to manage a customer service. If it was a startupper project maybe I would have thought that It was a rookie mistake, but we are talking about Philips! It is unbelievable.

1 Like

I want to clarify that we expected a projector at the end of October 2019. I think that It is clear who between the parts as been patient and who took advantage dishonestly of this situation.

And therein lies some of the misunderstanding:
Yes it’s Philips. But have you ever seen any Philips product whatsoever campaigned through crowdfunding platforms? For all intents and purposes this is a rookie crowdfunding project by Screeneo/Philips, who have been met with many challenges due to not having experience with how to get a product like this shipped to individuals rather than distributors’ distribution centers or regional warehouses.

In my opinion there has been a lack of clear communication at times indeed, between all sides involved, and attention for consumers has also suffered from the setbacks and challenges mentioned above.

But the honest commitment has never not been there in my opinion, they have worked tirelessly and with commitment to get these units made and shipped.
Even when it appeared that they lied about a delivery date, all I see is miscommunication between their shippers and themselves.

I understand your frustration, and agree the communication should’ve been better and more transparent at times. But I refuse to believe there’s ill will from Screeneo’s side at work here.

1 Like

What exactly is this pick up date?
31st January when I first requested return?
29th Feb when you finally issued form?
5th March when you sent instructions for TNT with invalid details?
18th March when you said you’d send details
20th March when you said you’d send details
Or some other date of my choosing in the future? What if I ask for tomorrow?

Seriously, what date should I put? At least give some guidance. Something like - request a pick up date at least 48hrs from now to give us time to process your return.

I totally agree, I really don’t understand this request…as challenge I wrote: 31 march 2020

The pick up date is the date that works for you for the courier to pick up the unit at your place.

Come on, you know that makes no sense - they need to give us some idea how long it’s likely to take. I’ve had more “tomorrow” no “next week” responses than I care to remember. How on Earth could I make sensible suggestion for a date based on that?
So I’ve just said 1st, 2nd or 3rd April all work for me.
I’ll be back on the 4th with an update. I’m pretty confident I know what that will be.

I’ve lost track tbh: aren’t you a backer that got a defective unit that still needs to be sent back, like the others in this thread?
What DHL / UPS / “the courier” needs to know is when they can pick the package up at your place (of work or living), based on that they’ll make a label that has the actual date (and time) they can pick it up (either the same one you suggested or a different one in case your proposed date doesn’t fit in their schedule). Then on that day the courier will swing by, accept the package somehow from a distance without contact, and it will be on its way to Philips.

Sorry @IvoGrijt it was a bit of gallows humour from me, based on the likelihood of them being able to co-ordinate with shippers to accommodate any date I request, when so far they haven’t even managed to reply to my Helpdesk emails for 12 days.

1 Like

Armando, your labels were sent this afternoon but was sent as an internal note inside Zendesk. We just sent it back to you

1 Like

They’ve sent collection details for 1st April. Thanks guys. Progress at last.
@IvoGrijt - feel free to say “I told you so” :woozy_face:

2 Likes

What about the backers who have sent back their defective units and they have been in your hands for almost two weeks? I still need to speak to someone in authority. Why are you dodging my request?

1 Like

End of Tuesday and still zero notifications on this.

finally my return is done…now I hope to receive the replacement soon

3 Likes

Successfully picked up today. All very easy in the end.
I look forward to receiving a replacement in the next few weeks. Hopefully in the next batch to the UK, but I’m happy to just be back in the queue again!
Keep safe everyone.

1 Like

Day 93 since I reported a faulty product. Day 14 since my product was returned. The last info was that someone signed for it but it wasn’t in the system for being received. I appreciate the support from the tech guy (don’t ask me about shipping) and the beta tester but would like to hear from some body in charge of shipping and customer care. I get it that someone in charge was looking into it. I’d like to hear from him/her. So far, all we know is that shipping has been a disaster. How do we know if our product hasn’t been lost?

1 Like

It is a long wait… :frowning:

1 Like

Still nothing @mrbiology ?

Backer 1913.
Received faulty product 31 Dec 2019
Reported immediately. Jerked around repeatedly with blame on different couriers

Picked up on 14 March 2020 and delivered to them on 16 March 2020.

19 March 2020 -
"Your PicoPix Max is under quality control on our factory, it will be shipped next week, "

27 March 2020
“We wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused and are glad to inform you that a new product will be sent to you next week to the below address:”

Well I guess technically next week runs till this Sunday but this is basically the sound of Screeneo and Philips giving us all the big middle finger.