For those waiting for replacement units

In would also say that it’s not fair to penalise your backers because of your lack of a returns process.
Why can’t you send new ones out until you’ve started the return? It would be a good gesture to your early backers to agree to send out their replacements while you sort out the return process.

Because we cannot be sure that backers we actually send their product. No company in the world would accept to send back a new product without having received the previous one.

Yes they would. Lots of suppliers do it. I’d say that of the 5-6 returns I’ve made to Amazon 4-5 of them shipped the replacement before I’d returned the item.

And bear in mind that we’ve given you £500 with no guarantee that you’d ship the product, that’s an astonishingly insulting position to take

1 Like

Still waiting for any mail from Philips…

1 Like

Likewise still waiting. Could any of the 16 who were supposedly emailed yesterday comment here about whether they actually received the email, and if they did then were they able to commence the return.

1 Like

Actually that’s not true - I was shipped a £600 cnc’d K-tuned quick shifter for a track car, they shipped me the replacement before I sent it back.

They have my personal details and account details - the risk is minimal.

Philips/Screeneo need to start acting and thinking like an international business and not a teenage eBay seller.

All the pre-IGG messaging was “we’re Philips… this is different… we’re a global brand blah blah”

3 Likes

Anything? Come on Philips, I accept that there may be challenges, but people aren’t asking for anything more than a bit of regular feedback. Why is that so hard?
If you state on one day that people will be contacted the next day, if you can’t do so, just say so - ideally with a brief explanation - and then say your best guess of what will happen next.
That’s it. We’re not expecting infallibility, just the common courtesy of regular communication in return for having had our money for 8 months.

2 Likes

I’ve just left a review on Philips site. Suguest anyone else wanting to protect others from the support debacle does the same.

1 Like

@cjwilber: Have you also confirmed your email address (see your email) as it’s not showing up on that UK site (each country has their own).
Could also be that it hasn’t been approved yet, don’t know if a human does that but when I left mine it only appeared after I confirmed my email address.

I don’t find it fair that you “review” the product itself on a non-working unit, but as there’s no way to review the whole process it’s the only way I guess to bring your experience to the masses, which I guess you’re also entitled to doing.

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt I’ve not attempted to review the product - you’re quite right that would be unfair.
What I have done is explain to people that I’ve had a broken device delivered and that Philips can’t work out how to collect it, support never respond to emails, and they won’t ship a replacement even though the fault is all theirs, and they still have my money.
I think it’s only reasonable that people know what they’re letting themselves in for.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P Still waiting for any mail from Philips…unbelievable

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N Any update on the email for the return of the defective unit?

I just received mine today. I brought it to FedEx to have it shipped out today.

I don’t understand why it should take so long to send the same email to a group of people.

Perhaps it’s not the same email. :bulb:

2 Likes

They have to generate the set of documents for each customer individually, but there is severely limited capacity in the HK shipping office, because of which they’ve finished only around 30 out of 120 documents so far. And they did it in jumbled order instead of FIFO. This is the 3rd shipping office, there are 2 working in parallel right now, TNT and FedEx.

Below some internal communication excerpts for FedEx, the rest has been mostly on phone. TNT shipper is being used mostly for EU (starting from yesterday). REMOVED

Hope it sheds some light.

Please do not tag me anymore on this topic as I am not handling this process, I’m posting this internal info at my own risk. Thanks.

Due to the above info I am unlisting this topic from the public for a few days. I will re-list it after removing this post. RELISTED

3 Likes

It does. Thank you for the update.

1 Like

Still waiting for any mail from Philips/TNT/FedEX…