General info about shipment and manufacturing

I am in the same situation from the 15.4.2020

Nice to know that you got it @abhishek.

I still haven’t gotten it nor has Kerry given me an updated tracking number so not sure what is going on as other backers in HK seem to be getting it.

Surprised that @IvoGrijt and @Philips_Support_N keep saying that it is Covid related that they have missed all deadlines. When I contributed, ship date was still expected to be before end of 2019 and now we are halfway through 2020. If this isn’t considered to be mismanagement of expectations at the least then I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Hello @yanivb and @luca979

try your tracking number in this site,
DHL private customers
the DHL site the link takes to often have this problem. but should wor in with the above link

hope this helps

Hi philips,
You told me month ago that my tracking number is
Irrelevant and i should get an email from backerkit with a new tracking number. didn’t get a new one and still waiting.

I think you are looking at the posts individually and that really isn’t fair. (Yes I understand people backed a project in October and are still waiting for their projector and that isn’t fair either)

Phillips / Screeneo has already apologized about program delays that happened earlier on. There are also many posts apologizing for features that were misrepresented (pixel shifting, 4 corner correction).

@IvoGrijt 's post was to apologize and provide details around the current issues they are facing with their forwarder, tracking numbers and shipping. It was clear and informative.

These issues are covid related and also lack of communication and execution from their forwarder.

It is unreasonable to have them re-apologize for every problem we have passed when something new arises and also to bring up every problem every time.

I agree there were parts of this project that weren’t done correctly but it was an Indigogo campaign regardless how advertised.

We are at the home stretch so let’s all try and be positive, we will all be getting the projector soon.

3 Likes

Transport and customs clearance from HK to DHL Germany, who distributes on to all countries in Europe, has been taking 2-4 weeks, so you will probably need to be patient until mid-June.

4 Likes

So 2-4 weeks to arrive Europe and another 2-4 weeks to get to the final destination ?

For you maybe, but I don’t think yours will go through Germany.
Yours should go direct from HK, as per Ivo’s message.
For European countries, more like 4-5 days…

2 Likes

You are on the Jordan list

Yes this site works, thank you Ajith.
But still the status didn’t change…

Well will check again on Monday…

Any news on my shipment/product? I don’t even show up on the spreadsheet but I thought they’d all be there by the 25th, according to one of the updates?

Hi @IvoGrijt. My contribution ID is 16668 and it’s found under ‘Betty’. However, as of now, I have yet to receive any email from Backerkit and the status of my order (as checked on Backerkit) is ‘Address has been locked’. Is that supposed to be the case? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt

I hope you’re doing well. Any update on this?

Cheers.

@Philips_Support_N, my Indiegogo contribution no is 12039 from Singapore and I can’t find my number in either of the list. I can see those from 12030 all the way up but skipped at 12039? I’m wondering if you guys lost mine.
My BACKERKIT number is 15587212.
Please help verify if mine will be in the coming list of shipment.
Thanks

1 Like

Not to worry…we are patient …ur doing fine under the circumstances.same goes for ivoG

Great news! Thanks

It’s not shipped yet, so there’s no tracking number. Probably after June 1st, because that’s when it, you know, ships. As stated by Ivo.

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt

I went to see the most updated list 3, but cannot find it under either Betty Jordan Laurent Amy? It’s another week and mine 20880 is still not in the list? How come?

I feel like I need to explain some things again and reiterate others.

The lists we use and refer to by name now are the lists we sent to the forwarder, telling him how many and where to send the units. By sending them in batches, we gave them the rough order to work with, from which they still could’ve picked all the EU ones for instance and sent at once, then ROW, etc.
So even within a batch, you could get shipped before or after your actual order.

That was the plan.

Now, it turns out that for reasons known and unknown to us before, during, and after the facts, the shipments did not all go out as planned and agreed upon. So now a lot of the units shipped from our factories are sitting in the warehouse of the forwarder in Hong Kong. They still have the lists, some have already been labeled, others still may need labeling. But depending on circumstances, they might decide “hey, we finally got a flight to EU that can take all of these, or just half of these, let’s put them all on it regardless of lists we got” and then woosh! they’re on their way to EU.

I do not know if this is the case or even a real possibility, but I’m using it as an illustration to the point that, until the tracking starts working because DHL (or whichever Last Mile courier as they’re called) in Germany (EU units) or in Hong Kong, Australia etc. (all others) scans the labels into their systems, we won’t know where the packages are nor when they’ll be delivered.

So to summarize: the list is just to tell you we allocated your pledged amount of units to be shipped to you, made sure the forwarder got them and knows where to send them, and that’s it. All the previous plans went out the window, for Jordan, Amy, and Laurent we have a new planning. The ones before that should obviously also still be dealt with, and my guess is that if not already on their way, then they will probably go out with Jordan.

You’ll get tracking labels when we get them.

They’ll start working when the last mile carrier scans them.

We will update you all on the general information we have available as soon as we have it and understand it, and will honor requests for personal exceptions (wrong addressing, shipment issues where something went wrong with delivery, unit defects, etc.)

But as we’ve stated in the past, we simply don’t have the resources, even including yours truly, to keep answering to every inquiry in the likes of

• “where’s / when’s my package?”,
  • “why no label?”,
  • “why backing order not followed?”
  • Etc.

So we won’t be answering those queries, our apologies in advance for this.
We (Philips Projection staff and the moderators) will try to still read everything we can, and triage the questions in the relevant threads we already have, so that we can answer the really urgent or important questions. Things like:

• tracking label is showing wrong destination
  • my address needs to be changed or wasn’t in time
  • my shipment wasn’t delivered to me despite tracking saying so
  • I received a damaged product or box
  • our country is imposing a ban on battery powered devices
  • anything that affects more than 2 backers

will probably get our attention sooner. Most other requests will solve themselves, but if not, we will find them once the biggest bulk has been done and we will fix things for everyone.

6 Likes

Any updates on this? Is it sent out yet? This is so frustrating to keep pushing for answers.

1 Like