General info about shipment and manufacturing

Is the fan noise reduction achieved by software or hardware? Will everybody get this benefit?

3 Likes

I believe it was supposed to be software. From what I remember the fan didnā€™t actually take core temp into affect and of it was on a specific setting it would be a hard coded speed, not variable . So it didnā€™t matter if it was really cool and the unit was not in jeopardy of over heating it would automatically be at max speed for the specific mode.

I believe they were going to make it variable based on temp.

I could be wrong though. @Philips_Support_P can you verify what the changes are to fan speed.

Please, Do not forget Backers in Viet Nam. Thanks so much ( on 9 PPM pcs).

1 Like

Im a backer from Argentina. So high shipping costs means i wont get my ppm anytime soon? i though shipping costs were included in the offer you made.
Thanks for your prompt answer!!

3 Likes

Increased shipping prices are not our problemā€¦

3 Likes

They know. Just donā€™t care about every backer too much. And want to save moneyz. Because we can wait forever and they decide when and who will recieve what. We will wait until shippment will fit their margins even if will happen next year on full moon.
No matter when you backed, how many emails you sent and strong words used sitting on this forum.

Small company paid for Philips brand usage, promised ton of things and collected ton of money for single project (applause here). Funny that it was featured as Indegogo as ā€œguaranteed to deliver before christmasā€ after I personally already backed this project.
And. No responsibility. Its crowdfunding, what you expected?
They even can promise to build the spaceship and deliver paper plane, itā€™s our risk and our problems as backer.
There is no their problems anymore.

We should be happy that they even answerring to us.

Only thing that we can do as backers fooled by big brand name is to reject to buy Philipā€™s products and blame them in ratings and reviews around the world.

And yes. Probably they do careā€¦ but too less people to handle such a huge army of backers when everything everywhere goes wrong.
I pretty sure they originally thought it will be piece of cake )

4 Likes

Yes it is. No denying that. But not very much more expensive than the usual use of express courier services. Pre-covid19 express courier services for an individual cost this much anyways.

What I am posting this screenshot to demonstrate is that if you fact check all the statements that Screeneo makes on this forum and which is repeated by some of those on this forum without verification then youā€™ll find that there is a disconnect with facts that are clearly available to anyone.

In this thread for example, Screeneo posted an image above that shows the shipment via UPS on some aggregator site and not UPS themselves mind you, to be above EUR242. I have checked on the DHL site itself and the cost is actually approximately EUR127 with a 5 day delivery guarantee.

Whilst it is true that deliveries are taking longer or stopped in some countries, this does not mean that services have stopped. They have also made statements that medical shipments are being prioritised by the courier services, which many have verified with the courier companies themselves and is also factually untrue.

The question must therefore be asked - is DHL lying about its quoted costs and delivery timelines on its own website or is someone else?

edit and just to preempt the most likely response from the so-called ā€œindependentsā€ on this forum, Iā€™ve checked on a quote from UPS too. Almost the same prices. Remember, this is just an individual consumer checking for quotes on a website and not a commercial shipper or forwarder who can secure wholesale prices.

3 Likes

But for discussion sake, let us all accept

• the prices quoted by the shipping companies are as high as stated,
  • delays are the fault of the courier companies
  • delays are also the fault of Customs and forwarders
  • delays are caused by the factories
  • delays are caused by the virus

what is Screeneo responsible for? I think that being honest is a very big part of it and actions speak louder than words. And more importantly, having taken money from your backers, recognising that responsibility.

3 Likes

With enough people affected by a product or failure to deliver a product especially when money has already been paid there are potentially grounds for legal action against the responsible parties and the reputational impact to the individuals involved will far outweigh the cost you paid for your product.

1 Like

I donā€™t think youā€™d get anywhere with legal action on account of this very unique situation the world is in right now.

As for me, yes Iā€™m frustrated that after finally getting an email saying my PPM has shipped , its still not here. But as has already been explained, medical supplies have been prioritised as urgent and a piece of home entertainment is not.
Iā€™m fine with that. As should everybody else be, though I donā€™t speak for you all.

Fingers crossed thereā€™s some movement on Tuesday as has also been posted. But again, medical supplies to combat the Coronavirus must take presidence.

3 Likes

Are you referring to the countries they said their forwarder canā€™t deliver to due to the pandemic, or is this something else I missed?

2 Likes

We are all certainly entitled to our respective opinions.

On the statement that medical supplies are being prioritised by the courier services over medical supplies - please note that this has already been checked with the courier services themselves and is untrue. Whilst there are restrictions or delays or prioritisation by countries the courier services themselves are not differentiating between types of goods they are carrying.

Thus far this assertion is made only by Screeneo and those on this forum who repeat that statement without having independently fact-checking.

3 Likes

Hi Liersi. Not sure what your question means.

Screeneo has made multiple assertions including one of the most repeated ones, that their shipments are not moving due to prioritisation of medical supplies. Whether that can truly explain the reason for the pace of delivery or how they are not delivering or the pace of responses to backers is entirely up to you to decide.

Now the facts are these:

1. there are definitely suspensions or delays of courier services. For your reference directly from the major couriers themselves

https://www.simplydhl.com/covid-19updates
Service Alerts | UPS - United States?
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/apac-asia-pacific/downloads/fedex-covid-service-update-en-apac.pdf

1. the delays by the couriers (if not suspended) are at most around 13 or 14 days. Even if we account for that being working days that would mean a maximum delay of 3 calendar weeks. Letā€™s call it a calendar month.

2. Many people around the world are still receiving shipments from Hong Kong and China even as we speak. Based on your forum activity you must be from Europe/Switzerland and you can check on what the expected delays from the couriers themselves.

3 Likes

You write about independent fact-checking, which you say you have done. I hope you donā€™t mind me asking, but what is it exactly that you have asked and of whom? Have you been able to confirm with the companies that the whole chain, from the manufacturer in China all the way to the customer, are working normally without any prioritization of medical shipments? I would suspect that if I ask my local DHL here in Finland if they deliver normally, they might answer yes because they deliver packages here locally, without taking into account that for instance the warehouse in Germany might not operate as it usually does. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Hello dear Philips team. Couple of weeks ago I was told that Iā€™d be sent a new projector due to the mistake in the address on your side when shipping first time . Last week a tracking number for DHL appeared in my backerkit but the final destination (Wilmington, PA) is not where I live. Is it a DHL mistake or yours? You are sending the projector to the wrong address again. Hope you can do something about it and give me some comments.

Not at all. I have checked with senior management at DHL regional HQ in Singapore about their global shipment situation (see quote in one of my previous postings) and I have shown them these statements made by you and Screeneo and they have said that it is not true.

Are your or Screeneo assertions more true than mine? Where is your basis for the assertions about another organisation?

And what has the whole supply chain got to do with assertions about deliveries by the courier companies now? When does the courier company get involved in the manufacturing or the remainder of the supply chain? Is that the assertion you are making now or is the blame still on the courier companies.

5 Likes

@kushner. Hey Ivan. I also had a bad address issue last year. Screeneo had misspelled by address even though this was provided in the backerkit surveys etc.

When I received my faulty unit they had actually dispatched it from Hong Kong with the wrong address. I was able to amend the address online once the product was actually in the hands of DHL. You may want to consider that as a last resort if Screeneo doesnā€™t respond to you.

By the way, it appears to be suggested by @djupsjob who is a moderator that this forum is not for individual inquiries. Iā€™m not sure what that means but I would suggest you send a direct message to those who are from Screeneo themselves using the direct message function next to their user names -

2 Likes

Is there a way to mute all these anxious people and only read mod or Phillips updates?

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to clarify, George, appreciate it. I admit the reason I asked was general, not specific to my personal status. Itā€™s been fascinating to see the fallout of, shall we say, unclear communication on the part of Screeneo. We just experienced part of it in the Switzerland shipping thread.

IIRC some of the inquiries people launched into non-shipments to certain areas were countered with the credible argument that bulk shipping could run afoul of regulations individual shipments wouldnā€™t. Were you told something else by DHL Singapore? For what itā€™s worth, I canā€™t imagine a scenario where it would make sense for them to not ship somewhere, only to reap this understandable shitstorm here, for no good reason.

Either they canā€™t, or they wonā€™t. The reason I keep seeing menioned why they wonā€™t is cost. This was the big misunderstanding in the Switzerland thread. Screeneo posted that list of shipping prices, with the US, Canada, China, Switzerland etc. on it, and everyone thought it meant no shipping because too expensive. It didnā€™t. Itā€™s baffling why they posted that, and worded the post the way they did. Anyoneā€™s guess.

Now thereā€™s people from regions they still deliver to who think they wonā€™t, like the US. Misunderstanding, as far as I know. Then thereā€™s people from regions they actually canā€™t deliver to. Those Screeneo has been vocal about finding alternate solutions for.

To be very clear: I am not defending anyone here, just advocating clarity. Communications from Screeneo have repeatedly been worded so badly that misunderstandings abound. Are we talking about delays to countries still being delivered to or actual non-delivery? Bulk shipments or individual shiments? You yourself donā€™t make it quite clear which part of this you say is false.

2 Likes

If I can pay the shipping cost will you send the projector? Just askingā€¦

2 Likes