How long is the battery?

Internal android @Philips_Support_P

Ok, please see if the upcoming software update improves the battery life for you. Which apps are you using?

@Philips_Support_P It was with Netflix, Vic and the most telling was a text only PowerPoint presentation (saved as a movie file). All eco mode. All 25 percent brightness.

@Philips_Support_P no improvement after the update on my battery life. Still around 1.5 on energy saving and watching Netflix. I would really appreciate help because on top of no improvement on pixelation/focus; I’m afraid I have a bad machine. Thank you.

Hey @PK105, install some battery monitoring app, and put a screenshot after usage

I tested the battery life just now and would like to share my results.

Firmware is latest .25. Energy Saving mode. Projected onto a 10-inch wall (which I don’t think matters). Sound volume is zero (because I was secretly testing in my office). Playing 1080p MP4 movie files loaded on Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSD card using internal VLC app.

PPMax suddenly shutdown after playing for about 3h50m.

I would say that’s pretty good considering that published specifications only stated 3 hours.

I also posted the same above reply here.

Did a test today with external HDMI content played (SAT TV) in normal mode, no Sound latest .25 fw.
Battery run time was 2:45h then the device shut down.

Hi, just tested how long the battery is and I’m happy to say that it’s a perfect square so it’s not long nor short :stuck_out_tongue:

These are my results exclusively using the internal system streaming videos.
Energy Saver: 4:15 hrs
Normal: 2:45 hrs
Presentation: 1:50 hrs

4 Likes

These seem like perfect dimensions for watching a movie. :smiley:

Multiple people now say that it lasts more than 4h on energy saver, which is more than enough. I can’t wait to test if I’ll be able to watch 2 full length movies.

Thanks, Can you test now after the updates? To know if that is affecting the battery.
Which size are you projecting,is it 100"?

did it help?
I couldnt find it

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P hi …cant charge beyond 98% now. is that ok?
also battery drains fast .Here I started with 98%(not in picture) and see the progress.
also if i switch off and check the next day its down again despite being off.
pls advise.
engineering had downloaded the battery doctor…Couldnt find in aptoide. Did it help?

Does the charging light turn blue?

When I’m charging it turn blue at around 93% and I charge for anthr 45- 1hour after that but max it goes upto 98%.
Yesterday on normal mode reached 83-23% in 90 minutes.will recheck again today…
So sad all the things like focus i was worried about are okay but this battery (which is why I bought it) is giving me a worry…

Philips a suggestion…since india has many philips products please strore ur batteries here so that we don’t have to worry abt sending it back if it doesn’t work well.also u can train at least one person or two in each country to fix the issues or replace if required.
Just a suggestion.

The rate of depletion you’re seeing is normal in my opinion, if using normal mode. I only ever use mine in eco mode and get 3,5 - 4 hours out of the battery. But on normal, depending on how you’re using it, the room temperature (more fan usage equals more energy consumption), the content source, quality, and light levels (a dark movie will use less light?), and even the use of Bluetooth and WiFi will affect the battery depletion rate. But again, 90 minutes of use on normal with 23% left from 83% should translate into at least 2 hours of use, which at normal sounds about right.

EDIT: I removed some of my personal comments as they were not appropriate. Alas, I’m human also apparently.

1 Like

Appreciate the inputs …thx
I expect perfection and if people went nuts with my worries it’s their problem not mine.
I would prefer that u don’t say such things …
They are disrespectful.
If you don’t want to address my issue pls don’t reply …
You could have just said don’t worry.

The idea of these messages now is to give feedback and get a sense of how it works.
That’s what this crowdfunding is all about isn’t it?
Exchange ideas,worries,help each other.
Anyway today I will do a proper check after charging and put it up…
Thank you

1 Like

It is about the same 2:00-2:15 on normal mode. How much time do you expect from the normal mode?

2 Likes

Hi.thanks.
Its not what I expect.Its what I wanted to know.
Normal mode is the mode the picture is at its best.
By the way when you do watch in this mode do you let it go to zero everytime or stop at the 15% warning?
is that not best for the battery ?

Hi.How did you download the battery doctor? Couldnt find it on aptoide.
Does it help?
Wanted your guidance.
Is it not better for battery life that we charge it when it reaches 15% warning rather than let it go to zero?

I can not reply precisely to your question as it always let me watch an entire movie on battery (normal mode) So never gone under 15%. But it’s maybe not a good thing to do each time but from time to time if you don’t have a socket next to you I don’t think it will harm

1 Like