How Phillips let this total disaster happen?

Ditto what John_Lewis is saying, don’t have mine yet and not sure when my region will be shipped too - there were some delays that were perhaps more within the companies control and some such as coronavirus which are entirely outwith their control.

They definitely could be doing better at communication - but conversely it’s pretty clear that the people on the forum aren’t marketing people - they have roles in making the product as well, which is pretty cool it means you can get genuinely informed behind the scenes commentary but at the same time means they don’t necessary have full answers on the pressing concerns. In an ideal world we’d already have our projectors and Prashant would be communicating with us directly on even more improvements (and confusing me quite often), sadly things haven’t gone completely to plan but I’ve no doubt my projector is coming.

I’m sure Screeneo have learned a lot from the experience :smile:

5 Likes

I agree with the post.
It is pretty unacceptable that a HUGE company lets something like this hapen. It is mistake a many levels.

We have 6 (SIX) months delay. The virus affected China AFTER October, which was the expect delivery date. But ok, delays are normal in indiegogo but I was surely not expecting this to happen with Philips.

On top, the product is STILL available on Indiegogo. Like nothing happened. So some lucky ones can have it today at the same price and (hopefully) just with one month wait or something like that. Personally I gave my money to Philips 7 (SEVEN) months ago… and I foind it pretty funny to pay the VAT and confirm my address months ago when NOTHING was ready.

2 Likes

Those lucky ones have to pay twice the price and need to be in the right country.

1 Like

If you really want the answers to your question, check some of my posts on the subject by looking at the top replies on my user summary page

I know about the lockdown. I am in a lockdown since last month. BUT as I said the first delivery date was well before the coronavirus crisis (like 2 months before).

and yes, I never complained in the last 6 months and patiently waited for the product. But given the total lack of communication (as for example an acknowledgment that I changed my delivery address) put me in a bad mood.

4 Likes

I understand, I’m sorry to hear that.

Please check this thread where the latest info is given on a daily basis:

And now they ship to resellers before backers. Again a knife hit into backers.

3 Likes

No, those resellers are also backers, to a bigger tune even than you or me. Perhaps they even had higher priority than anyone on Indiegogo, as they backed before it even went online at Indiegogo.

1 Like

Then it’s even bigger shame! That info should be somehow displayed and we should be informed before

3 Likes

I was one of the fortunate ones who got my projector with no issues. However my big complaint is that even though the hardware is phenomenal, the software is extremely half-baked and even amateurish. Updates slowly fix bugs, but really the whole UI system needs to be overhauled for better usability, and numerous low-level playback issues (stuttering, random crashes in the middle of playing a video stream, terrible contrast in some video sources, making content unwatchable, etc.) need to be fixed. Terrible software is letting this great product down in a big way. I’m considering just plugging in a Chromecast and forgetting the Philips interface even exists.

1 Like

The software development also takes place for the mayority in China, so that was also hampered by the Chinese New Year and the Corona lockdown which just ended in China a few weeks ago.

The plan is to ramp up the fixes and have the beta testing team test the living daylights out of them, and only release versions with many fixes.

Backer ID 1913 and I still haven’t received my unit.

This is a licensing arrangement by Philips to Screeneo. Why don’t you reach out to the Philips team responsible for this licensing. Contacts can be found at

1 Like

Y’all are too precious. If you didn’t know anything about crowd funding platforms and you backed, then I could understand your reaction. But by now you must know the problems that can happen with these things, and being an early adopter is the price you pay. There are always always delays with projects on these platforms.

My suggestion is to get a grip, and wait patiently like the other 10,000+ people

6 Likes

Crowd funding? But this is Phillip’s :joy::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Wait till you get it, I’ve had mine 3 days and I’m ready to sell it. Biggest waste of money

1 Like

That’s what I’ll be doing, apps are being patched regularly to keep them working, but they can only do that for a protracted time before it becomes another ‘dumb’ projector.

Hardware looks to be nearly there, just not the official licensing (?) In place like you get with Fire TV, Nvidia Shield for Youtube/Netflix etc.

A real shame, I was hoping this would be the holy grail.

Will see what hits the shelves (definitely not getting hoodwinked by clever marketing again) and an official finished product review before investing my hard earned cash on this tech.

1 Like

Why?

That is the fate of every android device. If you spend more money, you just will loose more. Dumb projector plus cheap smart stick may be a better option.

2 Likes

I have a few apps that say they won’t be able to play content due to the lack of Google Media Services, WHILE playing the content in the background already! As soon as I click the notice away the first time after starting it up, the content I first chose and everything after that continues playing just fine without any issues or further pop-ups or notifications.

1 Like

I had similar issues, but the 1.0.27 build has addressed pretty much every one of them.
It’s a process of improvement that will end up with a better experience for all of us, even if it takes time and a few tries.
I for one would rather be part of a rough product that resolves and improves under a lot of user-scrutiny than to endure the typical shopping experience of being stuck with the final version of a product that’s permanently half-baked and obsolete before it hits the shelves, for twice the price.

2 Likes