Image quality subjective review

When we getting the new update ??

tonight or tomorrow. Still making some tests

1 Like

In 1.0.24, I get a better picture than OP in daylight in a bright room, so I suspect it has to do with which direction the wall is facing vs, the window and light direction, and whether there is any direct sunlight.

What I am finding is that, as with the font, the edges of silhouettes also blur, the edges of eyes and noses (anything defined) blur just slightly. I’m hoping the 1.0.25 update with fix this.

@fhteagle thanks for the offer! I really do think I have a bad one; there is some slight improvement in Netflix and movies loaded internally but still pixelated. Here’s a capture of some of the pixelation I hope others aren’t experiencing (projected on a wall instead of screen where I’ve also tried)

Mine will look like that in 1.0.25 of I turn the sharpness all the way up to 100. If you get 1.0.25, try turning the sharpness down and see if it makes any difference.

That’s the sharpness at 15% on the new 1.0.25. It shows at zero too. I hope they have exchange units!

Sharpness 50 (new default)

Sharpness 100 (not shown but there is a lot of noise and harshness in the image, text looks horrible)

Sharpness 0 (much smoother anti-aliased looking fonts, far less “brick wall” look to large areas of the same color, my current preference for watching)

Above images were taken about .3 m away from my nearly 3m projected image.

The sharpness is way to wild with this one. At 0 it seems to be slightly decent but hoping there were negative options available…

Before 1.0.24

After 1.0.25

4 Likes

Both shoot at manual wb at 6500k. I am very happy with the result, both color and sharpness

Do you mean you are happy with the result of the update or the result of shooting on manual wb at 6500K?

1 Like

We really need that fine tuning application :slight_smile:

Looks way better for media

Looks great! Big improvement:)

What about the area number 1 ? It’s pretty different.

1 Like

You can not evaluate a resolution pattern through a photo.

it looks fine, very cinematic.
But it indeed lack’s punchiness…

The test image is 1920x1080 size, showing in Gallery app, but due to auto keystone applied it cannot output at 1:1 pixel, this caused some fine pattern messed up.

I bought the ppm as a backup for an Epsom projector I use for training. The Epsom runs at 3500 lumen. In presentation mode in a room with no direct sunlight the ppm is adequate for the task…as a back up.
My other reason for buying this was to carry with me on canoe camping trips. At night in full dark with a 60 inch sized picture even normal mode is very good

2 Likes
Hi guys,
I watched tv series today on netflix and i noticed somthing really annoying.
When there is a black frame on the screen, i can see a a really annoying noise when im close to the screen.
My friend have the ppx 4835 and he said that its picture is better the ppm, and this thing makes me think that maybe its a problem with my unit.
Heres a video for example :