Launcher 1.8.1 in boot loop

Just upgraded to 1.8.1 and now the launcher does not start, it flashes for a second as I turn on the projector and closes, then tries to start again repeating this behaviour in an endless loop.

How can I downgrade the launcher if I do not have access to it?.

4 Likes

I have the same problem the menu keeps blinking and I can’t do anything

2 Likes

I was just about to watch a movie when I hit this problem after updating the launcher :rage: :rage: :rage:

Spamming the mouse cursor on the settings icon, let’s u enter the settings menu, and from there u can perform a factory reset which solves the home screen boot loop problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I tried just now but could not get in. Will try again. Thanks.

same here!
So annoyed !!!

1 Like

Yay! I got in to the Settings.

Sorry, I forgot how to do factory reset. Could you kindly please share the steps?

Thank you very much.

Edit: Sorry, I found the Factory Reset. Thank you very much again.

Scroll down the settings and look for the icon software update, click on that and follow through with the factory reset

1 Like

Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

Do you mean the three dots and three lines blinking on the right ?
Because I don’t see anything else on the screen and this doesn’t seem to do anything, although I’m clicking with the mouse pointer several times per second…

how long did you guys spam the icon? I tried like 5 mins with plugged-in mice and didnt work

Keep spamming with the nous cursos, even when it’s on its black screen. Just spam on the cogwheels icon. It’s in the right corner on the right side of the battery icon

click on the flashing icon?

Is it possible that u haven’t updated to a more recent firmware before?

Should be the latest firmware

I see now which icon that is, that should be the icon on the home screen of the apps.
Try pressing arrow up button first to get into settings area of the home screen.
If that works u should see a cogwheel icon. Otherwise try turning of and back on again. And see if u get to the settings area where the cogwheel is shown.

Just to share some information, I was on firmware 1.2.4 and the updated launcher 1.8.1 caused this looping problem. Managed to get into Settings by spamming the Settings icon (top-right of screen). Then I tried updating firmware to 1.2.7. It updated successfully but still hit the looping launcher problem upon boot up. I reluctantly did a Factory Reset and it is OK now. Have to reinstall all my apps again. :rage:

Same, it should fix the problem.

Yeah I have to reinstall the apps too but I forgot how it all works again. I believe we shouldn’t touch the Netflix update or something like that

I can’t enter the settings screen, but the menu doesn’t stop blinking, how should I solve the problem?