Launcher 1.8.1 in boot loop

just do the pin reset from the link. My remote is actually working right since I did this, it was always buggy before.

Will do

Now there is a prompt for Home Screen Launcher 1.7.10. Is it safe to update? I’m fearful after yesterday’s boo boo with 1.8.1 :confused:

I also saw this but I choose to hold on until I can ensure this update to 1.7.10 is a safe one.

Remote is still the same(no pointer whatsoever) for me but factory reset with the pin works(thankfully, cable reset would have been a pain).

Wow, I was lucky that I’m not using mine for the past week or so but this is seriously bad. It’s unacceptable to let an update out that affects most if not all users. The launcher update was separated for a reason and that should also mean it won’t depend on any firmware update or if it’s necessary, avoid updating on old firmware versions. I’m really disappointed on this even though I wasn’t affected. I feel the pain of having to do a factory reset, I hate that feeling of thinking that you might have lost some data or configurations that you can’t get back exactly the same.

2 Likes

Hello, if you have hardware issues, please contact our helpdesk and we will exchange it.

How do I contact your helpdesk ? Can you pls share here ?

support@screeneo.com

Laucher 1.7.10 is fine. I’ve done the update. No issue.

1 Like

I also had to reset (pin reset). 1.7.1 is safe. Go for it.

I also had this problem (not happy!), but was able to solve it with a basic software factory reset (hardware reset not required). I was able to use the trackpad to mash the main top-right settings button as the launcher flashed, and from the settings menu (which worked fine) navigate to and execute a factory reset with the remote.