New features to help with social distancing

Thanks @PhilipsPrashant

Really great update for Apr 1! Made me laugh… :smiley:

Loving it!

Wooaaa i love these April fools :rofl::rofl::rofl::+1: (today is the 1st!)

Especially the fact that you can’t measure the distance between people due to the camera pointing to the front…
Surely this must be a design flow… People are gonna ask for refund… :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy::crazy_face::+1:t2:

1 Like

I wondered about the Australians and ceiling mode.

Does the projector weigh more or less in Oz? With the force of gravity being different an all that

Great update btw.

Cheers

Feature request - could there be a feature, maybe using the 5.0 bluetooth chip, to detect when my wife is close, instantly switching Pronhub to National Geographic?

2 Likes

Use a FireTV stick in the HDMI port and unplug it as soon as she walks in. :bulb:

2 Likes

A “boss key” on the remote would be great! I had suggested this feature in this post. Please vote. Haha

1 Like

How about getting the actual unit …

Finally us Aussies no longer have to stand on our heads! I wish all these northern hemisphere companies thought about us down under like you have Philips.

In answer to the question about if the projector weighs more down under, the answer is of course not, that’s silly… What you may not realise though is all the spinning loading circles down here spin in the opposite direction, like our toilets.

3 Likes

Protip: if you’re from AU/NZ and just received your PicoPix, please make sure to turn on the Ceiling Flip option under Image Settings to get back a natural orientation.

I see what you did there :smirk: april foolin’

2 Likes

Dam it. I fell for it. In my defence, it’s April 2nd here in Aus… haha

3 Likes
Click this to read my hidden comment

Since it was April Fools yesterday I also didn’t want some people replying here to spoil the fun for the others so I “hid” the part of their post that was telling behind a folding out mark.

3 Likes

Social distancing is not aimed at families in the same household , you are not allowed to have visitors so this is useless. I do t want to sit apart from my wife when watching a movie. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon

3 Likes

If only I had my projector so I could complain about these new features! :wink:

1 Like

I was about using this device for 60-80 inch screen size. If I am not mistaken the minimum would be than around 80”?

So absolutely no further scaling or

is this a April 1st joke?

Now abroad in FR and not sure to go back to NL due to Corona so also anxious to see planning on delivery… HW

1 Like

It seems to me that that size is excessive and unnecessary … same as the focusing distance at 1.8mts, that would mean not being able to focus in a reduced space and I see it as useless … I will not update that …

1 Like
I think they might make it a mandatory OTA update ...(click)

When it’s April Fools again!

2 Likes

I hope is not like that…

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Hey boss, please make the UIx4 just an option in the settings. UIx2 is just perfect. Even old people can see at x2 size. Not sure why there are some who request x4. Some thing is very wrong with their eyes. As an option, we can just select which settings we want instead of changing it globally for all. Thanks!

1 Like

Can we close/lock this thread now? April Fools is over :grin:

I can’t hear or see the word LOCK any longer! :exploding_head:

But okay …

1 Like