Philips Store missing

Yes they have - it’s mentioned right where I bought the projector that it includes the Philips Store. It doesn’t say that they haven’t decided.

1 Like

In this case, the marketing department was told there’d be cheddar cheese in the burger, had the posters made with cheddar cheese, but by the time they’re started selling the burgers they didn’t have cheddar so they used Gouda instead. It’s still a cheeseburger, just without the advertised cheddar.

2 Likes

Normally what would happen then, is the seller would say ‘sorry, we are out of Cheddar. Is it OK if we use a different cheese?’

And if they permanently intend to switch to a different cheese, the seller would normally stop advertising Cheddar.

That is how an honest company would act.

So I take it that you would prefer to have your hamburger with cheddar and not with gouda instead? Hopefully somebody from the Philips staff can comment and tell us what the current plans vis-a-vis cheese are.

Just as a sidenote: you can also sideload your own cheese. Just get whatever cheese you want and put it in the burger. That way, you can have anything from chèvre to Wensleydale.

Ok, I’ll stop now before my jokes get any cheesier than this.

2 Likes

All I want is honesty - is that so much to ask?

No, not at all. I completely agree with you that the marketing material mentions a Philips App Store which currently doesn’t exist. I hope that the Philips Staff can shed some light on what their current plans are for the app store. I haven’t heard anything about that since the mention in the other thread.

While waiting for that info, if there are any particular apps that you would want help with, please just ask and I’ll see if I can assist you in any way.

1 Like

To be honest: the Philips Projection team is currently so busy getting the product to their backers as soon as currently possible, that they haven’t even stopped to check back on marketing materials produced over 10 months ago, based on a roadmap they had at the time, to see if they all still applied and are correct.

So in my opinion there’s no dishonesty as you imply, just not enough time and resources available to fix something like this (which they may not even be aware is an issue for some, as far as I know you’re the first forum user to inquire about this, most people just use Aptoide store anyways).

2 Likes

Yup, I think you are right.

Most will happily use Aptoide. I also installed Aurora and APKpure stores just to take a look.

In my opinion, a dedicated Philips Store won’t be very useful if it is not populated with a broad spectrum of certified apps for the PPMax. And once an app goes into the Philips Store, it becomes Philips’ responsibility to ensure that it works.

Actually, we don’t need a “Philips Store”. A thread like Working Apps List but without comments as suggested by @ThunderStrk will suffice. That’s my opinion.

2 Likes

Like this: PPM Working Apps List, which is now fed from this renamed one: Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

5 Likes

Are you unable to read responses? No such thing as Philips Store. You don’t even know what it would be like, why are you so insistent on having something like this?

That is precisely the reason why he asked the question, are you not able to read the campaign promo? yet you’re questioning his ability to read? While I may not agree with his tone or line of questioning in some replies, I also don’t agree with your tone in questioning him, he you and I are all backers, our shared goal is to have a product that is as close to what we backed as possible, now try and let that sink in and keep it civil.

1 Like

Maybe they wanted to add it but decided to use a better already existing alternative? We are talking about having something that if existed, would be worse in every way.

All you and him seem to care is the name. Would you even notice if Aptoide was named “Philips Store”?

How can it be worse? a place with every single app that has been tried and tested to work with your device is going to be worse than going in to an App Store with thousands upon thousands of other apps in the android universe that you have to individually download then install launch and see what happens will be worse?

I prefer freedom than being forced to use a subset of a subset of available apps. Philips develops no apps so all they can do is vet them - but clearly decided not to - at least yet. Maybe after a year of crowdsourced testing by us, the users, they might create a store. But I’d prefer not have yet another vendor locked store. Right now there are more pressing issues than solving 10 seconds of checking whether the app works or not.

You do know we are on android and not iOS right?

Make up your mind, do you want curated apps or all apps? Right now you get all apps.

Yeahhhh, uhhm I’m definitely done now, I’ll leave others to answer that.

You don’t have to answer anything, I’m fine as it is :wink: