PPM Down Under! User experiences and questions

It is normal to have the “grid” when you look at it very close. The “grid” is the individual pixels that make up the 1920x1080 resolution. If you look closely at the screen of LED TVs or monitors, you will also see the “grid”.

Is Prime working for anyone? It opens for me but I only get descriptions and no images. It also won’t play anything.

Netflix with Bluetooth Audio worked for me yesterday :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah my understanding was Bluetooth does not work with external inputs (HDMI/USBC) etc but anything internal it was working fine.

Mine hasn’t left Sydney again today, that’s a who week sitting in Sydney… :frowning:

1 Like

Which screen is that?

Works for me - updated to v27 and connected a Sony BT speaker. Playing Netflix - sound through the BT speaker

160x90cm

2 Likes

It didn’t work for me after two attempts, with all the other bugs I just threw it in that basket. But to be fair, I haven’t tried it again.

PPM arrived yesterday. Movie night tonight with my boys.

I think there’s a slight delay in the sound to my Bluetooth speaker, but hard to tell with the simple animation of “Room on the broom”

Couldn’t get the SBS app to work, but ABC works fine.

5 Likes

We love Room on the Broom!! Best book ever. I did not know there was an animation. I’ll have to find it. iView I assume?

DVD rips. We have The Gruffalo, Gruffalo’s Child, Room on the Broom and Stick Man. Highway Rat and Zog are also available, must get them!
All fabulous stories. We love Julia Donaldson!

Edit: just looked on iView, all there plus ZOG (only until tomorrow 10/04/20)

Thats an excellent collection!! better get onto iView tonight.

@Injidup, yeah there is a little audio lag problem when paired with some Bluetooth speakers.

Some suggested using only 5GHz band for the Wi-Fi because the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi can interfere with Bluetooth.

Another interim solution I am using is to dislodge one battery from the AirMote. The audio will sync up soon after that. If I need to pause the movie or whatever, I will put back the battery for that task.

So yeah, the battery cover of my AirMote is permanently opened.

Hope this works for you.

2 Likes

Good tips, thanks.
I have another speaker I can connect by cable, I’ll try that (and the remote trick). I think I have 5GHz WiFi selected.

1 Like

At times, it may be the movie file itself. Because most of the movies played just nicely with my Bluetooth speaker but some movies audio lags behind.

If it’s an internal app playing the file, you can use the feature in the app to adjust the audio delay to match the video. Like in VLC video player.

1 Like

Watching Zog on ABC iView was fine, Audio was in sync over Bluetooth.

2 Likes

Got mine a few days ago. Very happy with it. Works great updated the software and paired the airmote. Bit like a bar of soap but works fine. Takes a bit to get used to it.

4 Likes

The Snail and the Whale is now on iView. We’ll be watching that tonight!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto focus inconsistent

I got a case for my PicoPix today from a super cheap :wink: car parts store. Fits all the bits in quite neatly, in two layers. This is the small safe case. $32.95

Bottom layer: tripod, charger and cable.

Top layer: PicoPix and remote

Unfortunately there isn’t room for the big tripod, Bluetooth speaker and screen :rofl:

Can confirm iview works but SBS doesn’t. Stan and Foxtel Go also work fine (sometimes you have to use the airmote cursor rather than d pad)