Projector randomly switches from HDMI to Android then crash every app until reboot

hey guys, for 2 days already my projector randomly switches from hdmi to Android then every app crash until reboot.

there is a video of the issue

i’m running the latest fw and launcher. i already reseted it 2 times. i’m using it while plugged it with the original cable and power supply. i tried changing the hdmi cable but the problem still occurs randomly

any idea how to fix it? @Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N
thanks!

bump

Try another HDMI cable?

already did.

Hi @rursache please contact customer support if you have not done so already. The first “fix” I’d like to suggest is a factory reset.

If that doesn’t solve it, from your video it appears that the HOME key either on the remote, or the projector’s touchpad, is defective. Please thoroughly clean the touchpad on the projector. Please also unpair and re-pair the remote control, and check if any of the keys might be stuck.

A similar issue occurred in the past, which was improved by a software update. But since you still have it on the latest software, it could be a hardware problem.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P
thanks for your response. i thought about a stuck key as well, i unpaired the remote and removed the batteries, only using the touchpad on the projector. i also cleaned the touchpad. however the problem is still the same. i emailed you guys about the problem but i’ve got no answer beyond factory resets and firmware flashes (which i did multiple times). ticket id [#38694]
thanks!

@Philips_Support_P
is it any way to disable the touchpad via software? i’m comfortable with adb and reflashing the device. thanks

EDIT: via sdb shell, i found the /sys/class/touch_pad folder in which i could disable it but i don’t have root access to write to that file :sweat::unamused: