Shipping to Europe

My Contribution ID is. 184. My order was sent back to sender due to defective packaging about a month ago. I reported it immediately and about 3 days ago @Philips_Support_N said I will be given a new tracking number, the very next day. But it has been 3 days now. No word on when it will be reshipped or no word at all. And I am only of the very early contributors. I can’t imagine what the waiting is going to be for other who joined in after me.

hi, I have backing id 6463.
I am still waiting for my picoPIX and I need to change the delivery address. What should I do??

best

Hello @lorroberty.
Welcome to this forum.

To ask for address change, you must write to hello@picopix.com

Hey!
Does anyone know when the next shipment to Europe will be? Besides the forgotten ones?

Hi guys! I’m new to the forum though I’ve been reading through frequently. I have been whining to myself about waiting for so long but in the end I just figured there’s no point complaining since it wouldn’t actually make things faster anyways. But now with the Coronavirus and staying home all day I really wish I could use the projector.

I’m backer ID 12xxx. I know some of you guys with IDs in the 3000s are still waiting, but do we have some kind of estimate on how many EU backers are above 4000, that will be included in the next EU batch? I’ve seen US backers with way higher IDs already getting their pico in January which sounds very unfair though I understand the logistics behind.

My next question is, what does “Address locked” mean in the backerkit survey? Is it a sign that the next batch might include me? Or all addresses locked already and will be shipped when the time comes?

I understand your frustration. But a lot of things are happening on a daily and hourly basis that could influence when you get yours. For instance:

• The US closing its borders to the EU could be followed by them closing their borders to Asian countries to if they haven’t already, meaning that perhaps a batch that could go to US backers will be redirected to the EU instead
  • Everyday more people are coming back to work in the factories, shippers, etc. that are in the Asian part of the chain to get the projector to you.
  • On the other hand with the situation getting worse in Europe that could also mean that the products might get to the EU but not be able to be distributed with more countries / areas on lockdown (I’m thinking about Italy for instance)

So giving a prediction or estimate is extremely difficult and will only lead to either false hope or disappointment if it turns out to be off. Best is to follow and take in the daily reports by the team here, usually given in the thread General info about shipment and manufacturing

2 Likes

You’re globally right @IvoGrijt, except that, for now, the US borders are only closed to people, not goods.
Therefore, according to that (which can change at any moment), PPM could enter US territory.

But the best is following news and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi, lockdown is not for goods, neither in Italy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But how do the goods get transported? It’s not an army of robots driving them around now is it?
So the lockdown still has a potential impact.

Postal service is working, shipping services like DHL or UPS are working. If a worker can’t work from home, he/she can go to the job. I can go buying food or meds. Unnecessary services and shops are closed. You can buy cigarettes and newspapers. As much as possible, you have to stay at home but we are not in a prison.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t answer questions when you do not really know the answer for sure IvoG. Guessing what might be a reason doesn’t help here and creates only more confusion and frustration.

2 Likes

That’s just it @Gerda, no one can give these answers at the moment, as what’s being asked are predictions and estimates. That’s the whole point I tried to make, actually the same as you.

And I didn’t answer the questions either like you say I did, I made a point about how difficult it was to do so in the first place. My examples might not actually turn out the way I wrote them, but the actual point is still valid in my opinion.

5 Likes

I keep seeing threads from @Philips_Support_N saying that there are some finished units and those of us who were missed in the EU the first time around will be getting shipping notifications soon. Still nothing. Have any of the forgotten EU people (sub 4000 backer number) got a shipping notification yet?

Nope. At this point I have zero confidence that those of us who were missed out are going to have them fulfilled this time around.

UK backer number #3854

@Philips_Support_N just seems to be ignoring every post that’s they are tagged in regarding these european orders.

Nope. #3494 here and nothing received yet.

1 Like

Nope , #3333 and still nothing! Wonder of we’ll get them anytime soon . Theres been a bit of radio silence from Phillip’s :confused:

1 Like

Nothing #3203

1 Like

What do you guys aim to achieve by posting “nothing”? They haven’t started sending yet

1 Like

We are hoping to get a response from Phillip’s with an ETA of tracking links . They have already reported to have sent the projectors to Hong Kong and said they are shipper but we are still displayed as not shipped in Backerkit.

That is a bit worrying, I hope everyone is still alright and that the work and shipments are still on track but just with no news yet. Then again even “No news yet today” is news to us.