Shipping to Mother Russia. New tax has arising

I guess that ppm going to Russia through UPS will reach their customers much earlier than ppm from that magic train. It is really interesting where is our ppm now. 20 days passed already.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, I also got news about the shipment by train but forgot to share it right away! :pensive:

We got this news yesterday:

The COVID resurgence in Asia has delayed the arrival of the goods that went by train to the warehouse, as the transport drivers bringing the goods to the warehouse needed to get extra health checks and such. So the goods are now expected at the warehouse in Russia on Monday, and the tracking numbers will come soon after.

Hey. Can you indicate the cost of the projector for customs 100 euros? So that buyers do not have to overpay customs duties?

15805561 my backer id

Unfortunately we cannot lower the price stated, we states value of $200 on the shipping / import documents.

We were also advised that the Russian customs usually does their own checks online, so bringing it any lower would only make them more likely to check only or perhaps to even think these are fakes and to destroy them.

Hi Ivo! Can you please specify, where is warehouse located in Russia: on the Fare East or near Moscow city? Because Russia is a really big country.

Hello! My Backerkit order ID is 12018793, my contribution #20223. dhl package with my picopix is back in your hands. And I still can’t understand what Backerkit Backer ID # I have.

Am I on the list and when I can get my little PICO?

I really have no idea.

Hi @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N
do you think we are all going to have fun here and we expect this answer from you?
You do not know, ask the forwarder and answer normally.
Tomorrow will be 30 days as your “fake” train carries us projectors and our customs threshold will be 100 euros. Once again, we all will lose money and you are having fun.

@fomil can you please provide some reliable source (e.g. not rumors) regarding such change (decreasing customs threshold to 100 Euro) happening from 1st of July in Russia?

I can assure you @fomil Ilya that no one on our side is having any fun.

My answer was not what you expected but was the truest answer I could’ve given you. I could have tried to come up with some fake information for you, but I’m not built like that. I was asked “where is the warehouse located”, and my answer was the truth, that I (still) have no idea.

Anyways: we have been in contact with our liaison in Hong Kong and she’s talked to the forwarders again on our behalf. She indicated that she can see in their systems that the products are waiting get into the warehouse In Russia.
Once the product get into the warehouse, they can arrange the express deliveries of the shipments to you.
The forwarder’s management told her they will finish the sending to the backers no later than the 2nd of July. And she’s pushing them to send out all the products tomorrow.
She will follow up with them tomorrow again to update us on the situation, at which point we will update you guys.

I have asked her to let us know where the warehouse is located, and whether the customs clearance has already happened or still has to happen.

Yeap! I’ve found message that due to coronavirus pandemic cut of tax-free threshold is set aside for next year.
@IvoGrijt But I still hope there will be no other delays.
Message (in russian)

1 Like

We received the tracking codes for the 13 pieces that are being sent with UPS this morning, and have uploaded them into Backerkit for the following backers:
15588127, 15594978, 15727971, 15805561, 15875023, 16073920, 16077338, 16080108, 16096356, 16115604, 16205714, 16258101, 16949109

Oh and I just got feedback on the warehouse’s location, it’s in Moscow, in the Voykovski district.

Great! I’m happy. It’s very close to me.

1 Like

I don’t dare give you the actual address, out of fear you might storm the place!
But yes, by this weekend you’ll all be enjoying movies on a big screen or wall.

1 Like

Я видимо слишком глупый для этого форума но искренне не понимаю.

Обычно мне просто присылают треку номер или ссылку для отслеживания и все ок или говорят, когда отнесут в транспортную компанию.

Вы можете дать ответ, мой проектор физически где сейчас находится - у вас или передан в транспортную компанию?

I hope that the projector will come next 2 weeks. ‘Cuz i am leaving the city for a month then. If no, i do not know how to get. There are some buts in this situation. If i remember good the goods that cross the broad should stay at the quarantine for 3 weeks. The customs is somewhere at the Far East. So if the train has come to the broad today, PPMs will proceed the way only in 3 weeks. I takes 1-2 weeks to reach European part of Russia from the Far East. It is a really very sad situation for me. Looks like i won’t get my parcel. So…i am waiting for the next 2 weeks, if i will leave still haven’t been got the PPM I hope you will help me get it later when i’ll have come back home.

Like I stated above, the forwarder expects deliveries to be done by the 3rd of July, so the end of this week.

1 Like

Hey @IvoGrijt how the deliveryman will contact me? I still not have any tracking number or so on? I can’t sit at home all the time and wait for a knock on the door… My BackerID is 15586157 btw

Today I received a notification from Russian Customs. The price in shipment docs is 180USD. They ask me about real price and invoice.
What should I do? Should I make fake documents and lie to them about price? Or give them the original with price 550EUR and pay additional tax?

All this story with buying this projector for me it is a piece of shit. Philips like as a small kid doing something but don’t know what exactly.