Shipping to Singapore

Excited about all the photos and videos that you guys are going to share about PPM! :smiley:

If PPM is not as good as expected, I am considering this as an alternative:

https://igg.me/at/cosmos-max/x#/

But it’s not as portable as PPM and does not work on battery though.

Some sample photos shot using iPhone X.

Demo video played through S YouTube.

Using latest .25 firmware projected on matt white wall on Eco mode. Room is dimly lit with one white fluorescent bulb.

Colours looked vibrant.

Thanks for sharing. Looks good.

Did the keystone correction and auto focus work as well as expected?

Did you try using AirPlay to play movies? I’m not able to play the audio via a Bluetooth speaker with my current projector. Wondering if it works for PPM?

Hi @dchow,

Auto vertical keystone and auto focus worked great!

As requested, I tried from YouTube app on my iPhone X playing a music video, Airplay to PPMax. Note - Airplay not Cast. I found that Airplay gives smoother playback. Cast is slightly jittery.

Sound is from a small Sony Bluetooth speaker connected to the PPMax. It works.

I wanted to upload the video to show you but this platform doesn’t allow. So here is a screenshot of the video. Projected on matt white wall in dimly lit room with Normal (medium) video mode. Image size is about 95”.

Hi all,

I found out the hard way - doing Factory Reset will erase the whole microSD card. KNS!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Please be warned.

I had reported this in below post to seek clarifications.

@williammuk Thank you for sharing about the features that I am concerned about! It’s great to know that everything is working as advertised.

Thanks for the warning about the factory reset.

Can I know if you connected your bluetooth speaker via your iPhone or via your PPM?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dchow,

The Bluetooth speaker was connected and paired with the PPMax - not my phone. I also wanted to be sure so I reset my speaker and put it into pairing mode and then go to the PPMax Bluetooth menu to connect and pair it.

Well, not all the advertised features are working. A few will never work due to hardware limitations.

1 Like

@williammuk Thank you for your lightning reply! Glad the projector can connect Airplay and bluetooth simultaneously!

What features are not working? Horizontal keystone?

Yes, no auto horizontal keystone is a bit disappointing. Can use manual 4 corner correction as an interim but the problem is it doesn’t know how to space out the image proportionately. So the image on the far side of the projector becomes stretched (elongated horizontally). So best is still to put the PPMax right in front of the wall and not to the side.

And of course the other issue others are so upset about it the lack of Bluetooth out to speaker when video source is HDMI or USB C. I am not very concerned about this point since my main purpose is to play movies from microSD card mostly. And maybe some YoutTube.

@williammuk I see. Understand about the horizontal keystone issue. I am fine with putting the PPM right in front since it is small enough not to obstruct the view.

For lack of BT to speaker when source is HDMI or USB C, I don’t find it an issue since my HDMI source is my laptop, which is able to connect to the BT speaker directly. Probably BR or DVD player would be affected by it. Since Airplay is native to PPM, it helps a lot too for media broadcasting from apps. I guess PPM is more friendly for Apple/iOS users.

Also, have you tried the PPM’s battery stamina? That is probably an important feature as well since it’s meant to be a portable projector

Sorry, not yet. From others whom have tried it, they say the Eco mode last about 3 hours. Presentation mode about 1+hour.

1 Like

I just received my unit!

Thank you Philips.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Incase anybody received PPM recently in Singapore, how much GST was needed to be paid? Also do we need to pay it to the Delivery Person or to customs directly?

Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think supposed to pay GST which is 7% of the cost of what you paid for PPMax. There is a post above. Scroll up.

I read somewhere that DHL will inform you to make payment online before they deliver to you.

The above is what is supposed to happen.

I think some of us may have received the PPMax without being asked by DHL to pay for GST. If that is the case, I don’t think anyone will openly say it here also. I think only. Don’t quote me. :crazy_face:

Thanks for info @williammuk

This is the post I saw in FaceBook from a Singaporean backer who received his PPMax in Dec 2019.

Thanks for sharing. Didn’t know there is such a group on FB

Search for this.

1 Like