Shipping to the UAE

Thanks. I suspect that this is because your individual shipment hasn’t started moving yet, but I’m not sure. This is how it works in the case of EU shipments, anyway.

Maybe. Delay is okay. I just hope it isn’t a wrong tracking number or something. It’s been this way since 15th.

I have the exact same message also from the 15th of April and no change so far.

For what it’s worth, I got the below response from Philips Support:

"
Don’t worry it’s normal, because of Covid-19 we encountered delays,

Your tracking should be updated next week
"

Exactly, many border and other customs are swamped with checking medical transport, to make sure who and how much to tax people, but also to inspect for forbidden goods like narcotics or weapons between the masks etc. So their workload increases, and they might then postpone the clearing of a package full of projectors and do a crate full of medical supplies instead.

Hello, my Indiegogo contribution ID is 6516, since 04/10/2020 my shipment is marked as sent by backerkit, when I enter DHL to track there is no shipping information.

In the attached screenshots you can see its status.

I would like to know if you have any additional information to be able to track the shipment and see approximately when I will receive it.

Cheers.

Guess we’re all in the same boat. I received my tracking number on 15th Apr and DHL tracking system had no information until 5 days back when it changed to what is indicated in the screenshot below. I called DHL yesterday and they say the sender has not handed over the item.

No matter how long it still takes, yours IS on its way to you now. Not in planning or production but actually in a packaged box with a shipping label on it coming your way.

Just a little bit more patience guys and girls, at least you’re in the last stretch now!

1 Like

Did anyone received their PPM in UAE yet?

Nope, (i’m also from Dubai) DHL told me to contact the shipper to see why they haven’t received the goods yet. Only an AWB was created but they say the goods were not received to ship.

DHL maintains they have not received the projector from the supplier and also I was told by DHL there is no way a shipment can take so long even under the current scenario. I’d really like to know why after 24 days of displaying an awb#, the projector has not been handed over to DHL. Any ideas IvogG?

1 Like

I have some ideas, but as i don’t work for Philips Projection I can’t check anything out.
I think the forwarder still has your package and hasn’t managed to hand the unit over to DHL.

Thank you for the reply IvoG. As a moderator, would you be able to put this issue across to the powers at Philips so that so many people here who have the same problem (That’s probably everyone) get some kind of an update?

1 Like

Yes, I’ll try to find out what’s going on.

PPM shipped finally! Landed in Dubai today. If all goes well, I will have it tomorrow or the day after. Shall update soon.

2 Likes

How long did this take after it got to HK warehouse?

Shipment was picked up by DHL on 11th at HongKong and arrived at my door in Dubai on 13th.

Must add it was worth the wait. Picture quality is excellent. Conceptually, it’s a great piece of work. Some bugs I am confident will be fixed. Other hardware related Like the Bluetooth range for audio will need a workaround I guess.

Which list were you on?

Also how much did you pay for VAT, etc…?

1 Like