Software Update v1.0.26 is available now

Not in a position to join yet (don’t have mine) but just to confirm - if beta software breaks my projector that’d be covered under warranty?

Next week for beta. In 2 weeks for public.

yes

2 Likes

Excellent, once I have mine I’ll be in about then.

@Philips_Support_P, I agree with you on the facepalm :man_facepalming:t2:

A post was merged into an existing topic: 4 Corner Adjustment - Linearity Distortion

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: HDMI-CEC Support

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth issue when remote and sound bar are connected

Hello @Philips_Support_P,

Regarding my previous question and your answer, may I ask the question again ?

Gregory from passionhomecinema update his test with a custom apk designed for color calibration.
After his update, we can see a huge calibration improvement.
Is the apk on the 1.1.0 ?

Thank you

Hi @William please see this post for details about the colour adjustment feature:

Oh nice, thank you.
Sorry for asking, it’s because I didn’t see it mentionned on the patch note :slight_smile:
Nice evening

3 Likes

No problem, we are here to help you.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P
Hello, I’m sorry but after the update I can’t find the way to calibrate the colors as Gregory from passionhomecinema did.

I was talking about this feature :

Am I missing a thing ?

Thank you

1 Like

That functionality is not implemented yet in 1.1.0. While it has been available for beta testers, having the adaptive fan speed in place was needed before rollout to the masses. That’s sorted now with 1.1.0, so now it’s time for the extensive testing phase before the new colour adjustment feature is launched in one of the next updates. At least this is how I’ve understood what Prashant has said about this.

1 Like

Ok,
My bad then.
My english is not good enough, I really understood this feature would be in 1.1.0.
No problem, i’ll wait.
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Yes, this piece of software! :wink:

All kidding aside, are you experiencing issues or having trouble getting your colors right? Or are you asking merely out of general interest?

If you have an issue let us know, maybe we can help! :smiley:

1 Like

I was asking merely out of general interest.

I am using my ppm for some months now and I share the conclusion of the passionhomecinema’s test, the colorimetry of the product out of the factory is not really accurate.

However, after his calibration, the result was much better.
I’m jealous, I want the same settings options :slight_smile:

I (and all other impatient users) have to wait, hope won’t be long.

1 Like

Do you have experience with colorimetric measurements and adjustments?

I have an HW40ES which has been calibrated by a professional.
The before / after difference was clear.
And the advice brought very formative.

I am not a professional myself, I will just qualify as passionate.

For the PPM, I find that the color temperature is too warm.

But, you know, I personally find it is a great pico.
Its portability and its quality are there.
But knowing full well that a software improvement exists and that it should arrive soon, I am impatient to be able to further improve my “portable” cinematographic experience

3 Likes

Topic archived. Please continue discussion in the Software Update v1.1.0 is available now