Software Update v1.0.26 is available now

We have planned two service updates focusing exclusively on bug fixes only. Afterwards we will work on any new features. So approximately in two to three weeks they should be available.

3 Likes

I think you secret something with this version. My PPM didn’t die in a snap, it actually showed the shutting down dialog before dying :smile:

1 Like

Dear @Philips_Support_P, I have registered just to tell you how much I appreciate your work and directness, and also that you are addressibg issues with Kodi; I am one of many (if not most) buyers that have been wantibg to use Kodi almost exclusively.

5 Likes

Do we have to update the Netflix App in the v1.0.26 version or we just ignore it?

Ignore any update on the Netflix app

1 Like

FYI the German translation still call it Horizontal Correction

1 Like

Yes I know. Only English was renamed.

1 Like

I’ve had this feature on every Pico I have purchased so I was surprised it was not available, hopefully they can drop it into an update soon

:+1: thanks!

I’m so glad to see that this is a high priority :slight_smile: If this works, taking into account that netflix now also works as an add-on to Kodi. You instantly get a multimedia powerhouse of a projector :smiley:

Hopefully, Rockchip can help with the drivers here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems external connections don’t have sound and internal Netflix don’t work that great…so what can one watch ??

I’ve had no issues with external connections or internal Netflix.

Had heard Netflix was not displayed in full hd …and external sources connected had sound issues

And as a counter-sound, I’m telling you I haven’t had any such issues. In other words, your experience may vary and be different.

Still awaiting mine…so no experience as yet…only from what I read.btw does it display crystal clear 120 inches without pixelating ?

Netflix does full HD. External sources cannot use bluetooth sound but it can use the internal speaker or using the audio jack. I think it’ll be fine with 120". You’ll only notice pixelation if you’re near the screen and I think that’s expected anyway.

By audio jack u mean speaker attached to an aux cable …?

Yes. 1/8" headphone jack is usable for all sources and I use it primarily for movie nights, with a stereo system

Bluetooth audio is only for internal/Android content. It’s been documented elsewhere in the forums

This isn’t relevant to the software update anyway. I haven’t noticed really any change with this update. Still waiting for battery percentage and 2x display density haha

1 Like

Thanks for the work you’ve been doing. But for colour, even watching AppleTV by HDMI it’s hard to achieve accurate and pleasing colour and tones. Although I’ve managed to arrive at a decent setting (Normal mode / Saturation 50 / Contrast 40 / Brightness 70), reds regardless can come off as cherry colour and deep blues can be decidedly purple. My two cents if you are still working on colour balance, as the hardware should be capable. And I would love to get more robust image settings including a Hue/Tint adjustment setting!

2 Likes

It is Full HD as demonstrated many times on video