Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

it crashed once at a specific app (WD My Cloud) and twice more at a random point, no specific app, just casually browsing at the home screen. Would have to test it again to see if it crashes without doing nothing at boot because I don’t think it will…

The server is down (Friday evening — perfect timing).

The How to do offline software update? article has been updated with a new faster link.

Please update via the offline method in the meantime. Thanks.

3 Likes

I recommend not sharing the new faster link itself anywhere but instead still pointing to the INFO: How to do offline software update? article instead.

Posts might outlive the need or accuracy of the faster link created this time, whereas the article we can update as needed.

1 Like

It’s an amazing update on the fan noise honestly!

So good that half the time I’m actually scared that the fan broke and the unit might overheat cause I don’t hear the fan; but I do feel the airflow coming out of the left vents so all good!

The few things I noticed:

• have input selection directly on that new menu instead of it taking you to the input selection screen, its only three values anyway.
  • the 24h clock is only present on the home screen, other screens still show AM/PM
4 Likes

Hey for some reason I cannot install the latest update Not a Valid update package it says found 1.1.00 Zip do you want to install this it then it just does nothing can you please help thanks

Please try to do an offline software update: INFO: How to do offline software update?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!! Like the new interface.
Quick query, can the “Reboot” option be added to the power options?

4 Likes

Holy crap, the fan is so much quieter than before! Also the menu and mouse pointer feel much smoother than before. Thank you Philip development team.

3 Likes

Hey there

Managed to do the new software update BUT Netflix now I have to re sign in everytime you do software update and thats not working crazy they need to keep the login details saved also Fan is still quite nosy also the picture quality has dropped sonce the latest update I hope you doint mind me replying back to you I hate this forum to complicated to work out hope this gets to Phillips guys

Thanks

1 Like

Amazing update! Lowest fan noise ever!!!
Thanks!

2 Likes

I like the new shortcut to the settings. Word of warning though, if you click on the wallpaper icon before restarting your PPM it’ll get stuck on this

Seems to work fine after reboot though.

1 Like

By the way, for the guys who already have it, how is the image quality?

2 Likes

I haven’t really noticed any changes in image quality. Perhaps I’ve been so distracted by the lack of fan noise that I haven’t looked at the image enough… :slight_smile: Or it might be that the first thing I did when I got the projector was adjusting the Sharpening to 0, which I understood was one of the main things fixed in this update.

3 Likes

Since adaptive temp control has been achieved, probably next major update would be focused on Image/Video quality. I wonder if @Philips_Support_P Team could plan about taking it to next level where one can also have an almost balanced viewable quality at presentation mode, enabling users to use it in considerable amount of ambient light too.

4 Likes

Hi guys,

Don’t feel Kodi smoother as it was before.
Am I the only one?
As far as fan noise is concerned : :clap:t4:

1 Like

We have however discovered that unfortunately the activation is not persistent, so you have to toggle it on after each fresh boot of the PPM to have it active.

Does it work with auto keystone correction off? :face_with_monocle:
I mean to toggle it ON then OFF, will Kodi work properly ?

1 Like

Basically toggling that switch will turn the performance setting on. The Automatic Keystone Correction can be ON or OFF after you’re done, doesn’t matter, as long as you’ve toggled the switch at least once in that session.

Yes I would like to know this too, because although I have auto keystone correction OFF, I haven’t done any 4 corner correction and all values are on 0, will having all zero values still impact GPU performance?