Software Update v1.1.04 is now available

The software update process seems buggy compared to the last update.
I went into the settings, clicked on Software Update and then waited while the project downloaded version 1.1.03.
When it then tried to install that package, it gave me an error message saying that the package was not valid.
When I went back into the Software Update menu and tried to download it again, it told me that the package was already downloaded and ready for an install.
Rather than use the already downloaded package, I selected the option that re-downloads the package but it doesn’t work. On that screen it has been sitting at 0% downloaded for over an hour and using the RETRY button doesn’t make any difference.

It seems I have a combination of the issues that the previous posters have already flagged, but clearly something is wrong. My previous upgrade to version 1.1.02 was pretty smooth.

I may try an offline upgrade later, but was just flagging this so that Philips are aware of the issue.

UPDATE: An hour after the above post, I saw a change in conditions. I finally got the update to start re-downloading but each time it got stuck at 66% downloaded. After hitting the RETRY option many times, the update finally downloaded and installed.

Could the issues have been due to something as simple as Philips having an overloaded server ??

1 Like

I updated to this version and have noticed that this update makes the PPM SLOWER !!!
has anyone else noticed this ?
you can easly see the lag when switching apps and moving within the GUI
@Philips_Support_P can you confirm on this ?

After update and before update, I’m still having the issue of hdmi plug in and the home button doesn’t work. Sometimes must try a few times for it to work.

I guess I was lucky because in my case it said 4 or 5 times that there is no update to 1.1.02 that I was running and eventually it found the update all worked smoothly with the upgrade process.

I did the upgrade… it worked easy for me! And then the problems came.

I connected the Pico to macbook pro via usb-c, using the original Pico cable and after 5 minutes of playing a movie, the lamp went off. The blue power on led was still lit and the Pico was unresponsive. I had to turn ff manually, using the rear button

then I connected the Pico via HDMI … exactly the same problem

then I tried AirPlay … very laggy.

I didn’t have any of these problems before the 1.03 update

What do you recommend to do? @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

Thanks for your support.

Done everything, the problem is that the pointer doesn’t work with Prime, that makes the app almost impossible to use
In addition : Aptoide, File Manager, Firefox disappeared

This is the android tv version of prime, it’s not meant to be used with the pointer but the arrows just like on a tv which should be easier to navigate than using the pointer

Any one experience Autofocus issues after update? My unit was focusing ok (not perfect) but now it fails badly and needs all manual adjustments!

i dont face this issue. do you mean when focusing when pressing button or when moving the PPM and it does it by itself ?

although i do somethimes see that, when the startup is completed and the PPM GUI is visible if i do the autofocus within the next 1-2 seconds the focus just stops and i have to repress it, there after it works fine.

I experienced that earlier. My PPM was focusing perfectly out of the box but the first thing I did was to update it to the latest firmware and now it doesn’t focus automatically. I have to manually focus each time.

Someone should look into these focus related issues. Not fun at all.

3 Likes

Pressing button for auto focus!
Will repeat test this evening, maybe it’s time to RMA it… we will see if others reports any issues first!

1 Like

The same problem! After the update need to press the button to focus… Doesn’t do it automatically

Thank goodness I did not encounter any of the issues mentioned above.

OTA Updating - I had no issues with it. First try and it downloaded and updated successfully within minutes.

Aptoide TV app - Still there. I even went in there to update some of my other apps.

File Manager & Firefox app - Still there. I did launch File Manager to browse my media. Didn’t try Firefox as I don’t like it. I use Opera instead as my browser.

PPMax speed - I was able to move around and switch apps swiftly. I did not notice any slowness.

Airplay - I tested connecting PPMax to my iPhone X via Airplay mirroring. Was able to play YouTube from my phone to the PPMax without issues. No lag felt.

Auto Focus - No issues experienced. I moved the PPMax about. It will trigger the auto focus by itself. Although some times where it stops, the focus is not perfect and I may still need to fine tune it manually. But this problem has existed all along.

I did not test the other issues mentioned by others such as HDMI, Netflix, Prime as I don’t use those.

My PPMax is setup using Energy Saving mode, connected to power, Bluetooth audio to JBL Flip 5, projecting 120” to white wall. I usually play YouTube and MP4 movies from a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus portable hard disk.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Quite a bunch of mixed results here from people who updated with auto focus and hdmi issues… I’m just gonna stick with 1.1.02 as it’s working perfectly for me. Maybe 1.1.04 will be better?

1 Like

I’m also in Germany and had absolutely no problems updating the firmware.
Could it maybe be a networking/internet connection problem?

1 Like

I also had a few minor issues with this update that I thought I’d report in case they’re helpful to debug in future.

• Checked for update. Told none avaiIable
  • Checked for update and this time new version found
  • Downloaded at about 4-5 MB/s until 50% then stopped.
  • After 4-5 minutes I cancelled
  • Checked for update. Told none available.
  • Checked for update and this time new version found
  • Resumed download from 50% and completed quickly.
  • Installed without problems from there on.
1 Like

Did the update without any problems. But, don’t know if it’s caused by the update or just coincidence, I have a problem pairing the airmote now. Turning on the PPM it connects instantly to the echo bluetooth. And airmote is paired but not connected so I have to connect it manualy every time.

Weird, no issues here with the airmote

1 Like

Most probably it as due to high Sharpness setting. That is why they made it 5% by default now. Otherwise the image was too sharp and the thumbnails were pixelated.

1 Like

There is definitely a bug somewhere in that “Check for update”. I have seen it in the previous update I have done and this time I left a laptop on the same WiFi access point constantly monitoring the connection and there was absolutely no glitch in the Internet connection.
Also once the update was found I had 8-9MB/s download (that is 64-72Mbps) which is very good.

@Philips_Support_P can you tell me what is the URL of the check for update that PPX is calling?

I could try calling that with curl/wget manually from a device connected in the same WiFi as PPX (or even directly from the PPX if I can install Termux or something .

1 Like