Software Update v1.1.04 is now available

Yep, as I said, also with offline update !

I’ll try with an SD card as some said it worked for them

@Davy you’re absolutely right, the wrong file was uploaded. Time to add hash verification also to the upload script…

Online update for v1.1.04 is back up now. Thanks everyone for reporting it to us!

Offline update file is not affected.

3 Likes

@Philips_Support_P thanks for the update.

Can you sneak whats being worked on for .05? With .04 looking like an interim update?

Cheers.

Is the PPM now in retailers?

I may be forum blind, but I don’t even see release notes for .04 Did I miss them? Still waiting on changes to the irreversible sharpening on external input and the low gamma.

Philips edited the post title and also updated the minor changes for .04 in the first post.

Actually I do not like it this way. It is easy for most of us to miss seeing it. I would rather they start a new post instead of just editing an existing one.

4 Likes

Cheers for that, should have thought of checking the first post. Probably because it’s just a minute change, but you’re right, it’s not intuitive.

2 Likes

pre orders are up for an Australian online retailer for AUD 1,499 or around 910 Euros

3 Likes

Who flagged the last reply and why?

You mean the one mentioning the pre orders being started on the Australian website?
Have no idea who flagged it, but if it would have not been flagged, it should have been moved to another topic though. Has nothing to do with Firmware.

Yes, from USB it also didn’t work with me. Same notification. [edit: sorry too late with my reaction]

well the guy was only answering a question, and it’s not like other topics don’t stray offline at times, is there another topic for it? Plus it says it’s flagged by the community that suggests it could have been done by anyone, so if it’s not done by a moderator I question why anyone would be this fussy over what?
It just seems ridiculous

3 Likes

He was answering my question :+1:

3 Likes

True! Just noticed now.
That makes it even more absurd to flag that answer.

3 Likes

Funny - and here I thought I was being helpful by answering someone’s question that the PPM is indeed being offered for pre order here in Australia i.e. retail. Go figure.

Perhaps the person who flagged it should familiarize themselves with how the forum interface works.
Thank you to those who understood :slight_smile:

To stay on topic and not get flag again by people who don’t know any better I probably should mention that it seems some people are having issues with update v1.1.04 such as colour and sound issues so I think I will be skipping it.

4 Likes

I got alerted to the flag, went to the review section, saw the post, and the thread it was posted in, and agreed to it being off-topic. I however didn’t have / take the time to see the post in the context of the thread, else I would’ve seen that it was in answer to a question posted and I wouldn’t have agreed to the flag so easily.

In any case, while yes it is off-topic, it shouldn’t be left out of the conversation, so I unhid the post now.

5 Likes

My PPM turned on when I unintentionally plugged my PC, connected to PPM via HDMI, to power. Isn’t that feature disabled already due to some major issues? Not really sure if this only happens after the recent update since I only plug this PC when PPM is already on.

2 Likes

I updated v1.1.04 and v1.1.05, however, manual keystone not remember problem still existed.
When will it be solved? As this problem is existed for several months. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, I have the same experience. And the keystone correction is also not (completely) recognised in HDMI input. (Still vertically stretched.)

2 Likes

Same here. Manual Keystone was remembered at HDMI input in the v1.1.04. As soon as i updated to v1.1.05, there was nothing remembered at all!

2 Likes

Still facing this issue while updating online.