Sonos integration

That’s not we’re all talking about. That noise that comes up after 10 minutes is much different than those cracking/popping sounds that we’re all hearing right from start.

1 Like

Yep, as @vzhivkov said we are talking about a different kind of “noise”. The “noise” that is added after 10 minutes in the trial version is a very prominent beeping kind of noise, whereas this popping/cracking noise is more subtle but still quite noticeable, and it there as soon as you start streaming.

I’m guessing it’s some kind of artefact from the recording/encoding process or something. But it does seem strange that maybe no one at Philips Projection noticed this during testing, which makes me wonder if it is a problem with the AirMusic App (in which case I’d expect it to be there on all PicoPix Max’s), or if it’s something to do with the PicoPix Max (maybe some hardware interference or something, that only occurs on certain units?).

It would be good to hear some feedback from @Philips_Support_P, as to whether this kind of cracking/popping noise has been observed by them as well during their testing.

1 Like

Hi @smartygus yes we’ve observed this in our testing, and @airmusic has offered a few suggestions to debug on our end. Waiting for the China team to return from holidays so we can test those out.

2 Likes

Okay awesome, thanks for the feedback @Philips_Support_P :+1:

Hello, all!

Guys, thank you all for your work! Air Music works very well with Apple HomePod and with the B&O speaker I have. However, I can’t figure out how to pay for the Pro version. I downloaded Google Play Store from Aptoid, but can’t login into it.
Any tips?
Thanks!

@Philips_Support_P ?

Any updates? @Philips_Support_P

Anything new? Still isn’t working properly here …

Hi all, too many comments to read them all but I have Sonos working well with my projector. Love it!

Set-up:
Sonos Connect
Etekcity Wireless Bluetooth Receiver

With the settings in the Sonos app it automatically changes over to the projector so it’s just turn on and play.

Hope that helps.

Link:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Etekcity-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver-NFC-Enabled/dp/B00KXYXXK2

Sorry, but this solution is is not even relevant.

The people were promised when we backed up the project were sonos “direct” support.
Not need to buy a connect and a lot of wires, converters, etc.

Then it is better to buy a Sonos Roar so it easily sends over from bluetooth to other sonos. (Working Good)

But what was promised was Sonos integration.

1 Like

Hey @Philips_Support_P so my PicoPix Max is just lying around since I bought it over one or is it now two year ago (early backer). If you guys want it back, I am happy to send it over. It is worthless without good sound and as mentioned in an earlier message, the integrated speakers don’t cut it.

If anyone is thinking of buy a PicoPix Max think again. Sorry to say that.

I am willing to take it. Please send it over to mexico. Just let me know about the shipping.

Nothing to be sorry about. Roar works for you. Connect works for me + Connect lets me play my record player through Sonos – which you can’t with a Roar. Just a cheap Bluetooth dongle and away you go!

Like you I thought Sonos would be integrated with the projector when I backed it originally. In hindsight, I think we are dreaming. Sonos is so tight with their integrations… it ain’t going to happen.

The biggest disappointment for me with the projector is the lack of integration with streaming services due to the lack of Google Play and licence restrictions.

2 Likes

Any update on this? The trial worked with my Sonos One, though I had to set audio offset in Kodi to +3.5 seconds. But have you sorted out how we can buy the pro version yet?

Hi @Philips_Support_N any update with sonos integration? Are we stuck with air music ? Any tips of working reliable solution lemme know :slight_smile: thx

1 Like

Hello @L44z we’ve already integrated the system components required to support Sonos via AirMusic. To purchase the full version, please contact the developer directly. We do not plan any further Sonos-specific features.