Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

Mine was dead on arrival, turns on, fans spin but no light is emmited.

Wnt through all the troubleshooting steps, charged it, blue led is on, the Fans are constantly spinning, has been running like this for 10 min without shutting off.

Tried plugging in different sources, nothing…

Really dissapointed right now…

Thanks

Sometimes when the HDMI cable is plugged in the PPM remote doesn’t work. Once you power it on you can’t turn it off via the remote. You have to use the power button on PPM. Has anyone faced this issue? It happens all the time. Help please @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

I’ll test this out tomorrow morning for you and get back to you

Hi @IvoGrijt - Did you get a chance to test it out yet? Thanks!

I can turn it on and off just fine with the HDMI input being used.
Just to be sure, I even tried to turned it off while hiding the remote in a black pillow so as to not allow any IR light to still get to the PPM, and sure, it turned off alright. It returns briefly to the Android home menu to show you the Powering off animation, and then shuts down.

Remember though that to prevent accidental turning off of the projector, you have to press and hold the power button on the remote for at least 2 seconds. Perhaps you’re pressing it too short?

Ok thanks @IvoGrijt! By default when you turn the PPM on with the HDMI cable plugged in it defaults to the HDMI input? Is that normal?

Yes, if there’s a signal or device on the HDMI input it will switch to it after briefly starting up in the Android OS.

1 Like

Any other ideas why the remote would completely stop working in such case? I cant go back home nor power it off. Also I forgot to mention the touch panel doesnt work either.

1 Like

@Vish, can you do the following: only plug the HDMI after the projector has started up. Does it still happen?

I suspect that when you turn on the projector with HDMI plugged in, the internal Android doesn’t get a chance to initialize correctly.

Hi, hope there is an easy fix. Can’t wait for a full user manual!
I was watching a movie and abruptly PicoPix max shut off. Now I have plugged it in, in case it is battery. LED is showing green. I can’t get projector to turn back on via airmote (flashes red 5 times when I try) or via power button.
What should I do?

Hi @sirota you have plugged the charging cable into the video port. Please plug it into the other one!

1 Like

Good catch, I knew I had seen a green LED before but couldn’t tie it up!

Fantastic, thanks! That’s the sort of answer I was hoping for :slight_smile:

@Philips_Support_P - This sounds like an issue to me. Do you think this will be addressed in the next releases?

Hi,
After finally receiving my unit, the PPM turns on with the ventilator etc… But no image is coming out…
I’ve contacted your support via email
Here are my replies :

Christ I just got it and been waiting since September, the fan starts but no light coming out. Why me? I hate this already :sweat_smile:
@Philips_Support_P I have done all the steps, it powers on and I can hear the loud fan, but no video

@Philips_Support_P or @Philips_Support_2 my request is open but no reply since the troubleshooting was done.

How long do you usually take to reply and what should I do with this?

1 Like

Hello @Alessandro_Giordo please contact support@screeneo.com for a replacement. Please copy-paste your troubleshooting results in your email so your replacement is approved quickly.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P, yes sorry I meant I contacted them via the support website but heard nothing after the reply.
I’ve sent them a chaser email too now. Support id is 19319

1 Like