Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

Hello, could you tell us more about the problem you have with the product

@PhilipsAfterSales
I received the PPM toady.
I followed all the instructions.

• fully charged battery, etc.

The fan is working but no light coming out of the PPM.

I followed all your instructions and still the same problem.

What do you recommend me to do?

Could you tell us if the Philips logo shows up or not

@Philips_Support_T
Philips logo does not show up

@Philips_Support_T what should I do?

Thanks for your feedback. Based on the test result, we need to replace your PicoPix-Max and just sent you the procedure by separate email.

I’ve sent you my Serial number - I just want to say to the public that I find this a very kind gesture from Philips.

Thanks @Philips_Support_P & @Philips_Support_T for your hard work

3 Likes

Hi I posted this in picomax dead on arrival topic but realised this is the topic that I should go to.

I’ve received my PPM in May.

Following the Quick start guide, I’ve charged the device completely and started it. I could not see any light output and followed the troubleshooting steps.

I’ve essentially got the exact same behavior like @zangyp (watched his video as well) and @WashirePie.

Here are my troubleshooting steps:

Check Power Adapter and USB cable
Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO
If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.
Check battery charge status
Make sure the projector is powered OFF. YES
Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! YES
Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? LED red and after 3 hours blue. But can’t turn the light on. Fan starts working.
If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket. YES
do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty. The adapter works fine.
If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section. YES
Check display problems
If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector: NO, there is no light at all!
Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen?
if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear?
does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen?
Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.
Thermal shutdown
If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:
Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? YES
Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? YES
What is the altitude of your city? Hong Kong , Elevation: 69m
What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 22 Celsius

Please help, thank you!

Also, FYI I sent an email to support@screeneo.com, request #22652.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_T why dont you answer the email for more than a week? please send a replacement!

Hello, we are running behind to issue shipping labels to arrange the pickup and will do our utmost to send them next week. Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Still doesn’t work. Power is on and I can hear the fan quite loud, but no image at all, bulb seems to be dead.

What should I do now?

Mail support@screeneo.com and start a replacement procedure please.

I just received my projector and just turned it on, but to my surprise no screen is projected. It has the blue led light, it charges without problem and when you turn it on the fan sounds (too much), when you press the auto-focus button it makes a sound of trying to connect, but still does not project anything.

I have followed all the startup recommendations and the projector starts up (you can hear the fan) but it doesn’t project any image. It’s very frustrating.

Please fill in the questionnaire in an email to support@screeneo.com and open a ticket for your issue like that.

1 Like

hello :slight_smile:
first of all, thank a lot for this forum and for the hard-working you have been putting on it.

I have been using my PPM since more than 2 months without any issue.
It was perfect and smooth.

Tonight i was using my ppm watching Netflix with Amazon with Fire Stick.
The PPM was plugged to this own charger and suddenly it just turn off and the led was red and blue.

Now if i try to turn it on, the led gets blue, the fan works normally but the but the light stays off :frowning:

Is there something i can do?

thank you

@IvoGrijt thanks for the approval.
should i send an email with the answer to the questionnaire to → support@screeneo.com

1 Like

Yes please.

1 Like

I had sent all my required information and my shipping information but they have still not taken my faulty device. Please help @IvoGrijt.

Philips Support (Philips Projection)

Jun 5, 2020, 12:21 PM GMT+2

Dear Kelvin,
We are running behind to issue shipping labels to arrange the pickup and will do our utmost to send them next week.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,

PROJECTOR/FAX/STB Philips Consumer Care“

They have since then replied the same message two weeks after, and I have followed up three times and have not received any reply or follow up.

Thanks, Teresa and Kelvin