V1.0.27 beta available for download

We are the only ones to have gotten .27a, so only we know about the previous shortcomings. This is .27f probably, so we will have to redownload it and install it.

Thanks for clarification. So is it worth installing the official 1.0.27 over the 1.0.27 beta ? - What exacly has been changed about the missing video settings tweak in 1.0.27 beta ?

That’s why I asked this question in this part of forum which should be restricted to beta testers.

1 Like

Yes it is absolutely recommended to get off the (older) beta and to the current release.

The video settings apply the same adjustment as described in the KB article. There is nothing mysterious, the android output needed to be adjusted to account for the video chip’s response curve.

In the future we will call betas as 1.0.28beta1, 1.0.28beta2 etc. until 1.0.28 is finally released. Though it looks like next one will directly jump to 1.1.0 due to new features. Don’t fixate so much on the numbering scheme… it’s all arbitrary.

FYI the delta between 1.0.27beta and 1.0.27 release is:

1. better touchpad driver (prevent home returning bug)
  2. better graphics driver (prevent netflix crash)
  3. 4-corner hidden if auto keystone is on
  4. brightness/contrast correction (now actually applied)
  5. autofocus hides after 6 sec
  6. updated preloaded apps

so there’s quite a lot.

kodi fix didn’t make it, its a long business discussion.

2 Likes

Since I am working in the testing and verification department I am used thinking like the average Joe user - So whenever there are logical breaks or disagreements according to plan my alarm sense is ringing. :smile:

1 Like

With regards to making the announcement a banner, it has removed the news update summary from that spot.
Shall we leave it that way till there’s more news next week? After that I’ll just quote (part of) the firmware announcement in that thread, is that workable for you guys from Philips?

My mistake, please put the announcement banner back again.

I know, ideally we should have uploaded it as another beta here first. But we felt a surging need to offer another update with these urgent fixes now before the next wave hits. Now next week we can work on the real UX improvements and hard bugfixes.

I know how you feel that beta testers were ‘bypassed’ …

Can we install this OTA or only by offline update, seeing as our version is the same as the new one numerically speaking.

Yes OTA should work. The beta should’ve been called 1.0.27beta in your picopix, can you please check? This will get pushe the release version without the beta tag.

No problem, I know that is part of the game. - Sometimes buisness decisions regarding time shedule overrule those test sessions. - Drawback from my experience is sometimes this decisions are firing back, and bring some not so nice consequences with itself.

1 Like

OTA says 1.0.27beta is the latest release. So no update available.

Done, I quoted most of the FW update announcement but left out the detailed explanation of the most important fixes, linked back to the annoucement for the details.

1 Like

Server was getting hammered as expected. Please try again, or try an offline update.

I still find it weird that requesting 1.0.21 (as is done in the offline update post) downloads the latest OTA, but it just works I guess

It’s not requesting 1.0.21, it’s telling the OTA server that it is itself 1.0.21 and to provide the correct upgrade package for this version. This way we can control (server side) who gets which update file.

1 Like

Same here today, will try again later (And as a last Ressort the Offline update this evening)

Odd, as my photo shows, it worked afterwards. Perhaps the server was getting overloaded agains when you retried?

Second OTA Update attempt also doesn’t worked, so I did the offline update now.

I successfully updated the Firmware to 1.0.27 8 hours ago OTA from the beta version to the release version.

1 Like