What would be a good user experience for replacement or repair

Hello PPM community,

I am going through the experience myself and have been looking for resources or process for people that unfortunately have issues with their devices. Didn’t not find much aside from single users complaining about the current process.

So I complained as well myself and then realize that it would also be great and productive to start the discussion on what would actually be a good process.

Maybe let’s start by some disorganized thoughts and then try to make something that would address all (or at least most) of the concerns.

I’ll start:

• List item
  • the current process is looooooong - from what I have seen on this forum and my personal experience it takes about 2 to 3 months for someone to schedule a pickup of the defective PPM.

• the communication is bear minimum - someone from customer service says “no worries we will schedule something” but no details on how things work or what is the process and timeline.

• no tracking or process! - someone sends you a return label and then what? again no clear process or timeline, just giving away your projector and hope for the best

• List item

That’s it for the first pass, if you are also running into issues or a bad user experience please drop a line so we can give a productive feedback to Philips!

1 Like

I just got in this situation just a week or 2 weeks ago. And earlier I got the email about the return label although I haven’t done what was asked yet. I wonder when it’ll be actually picked up considering I’m in a far away galaxy :laughing:

Hello, thanks for you post.
I think it will be useful to know also what is the % of customers complaing for a bad users experience (late delivery/faulty projector/long replacement process/impossible to get generic support). I will suggest a survey!

I imagine that if only 1%(this is a random number) of users had issues and speak out in this forum, we might have the feeling the overall experience has been negative and the customer support sucks. It is important to know the ratio with the respect to the overall (satisfied) customers. That will give a solid feedback to Philips and to us to know if we had just bad luck with a bad experience or it is actually most of the customers who had some sort of issue.

Cheers

1 Like

Hello there!
And thanks for your feedbacks
We are currently working on getting optimizing our support on our social networks, phones and emails.
Concerning this specific Indiegogo campaign, we had around 17K backers, for which, less than around 2% had an issue with sometimes the charger, the projector or other.
Concerning the replacement process, it is true that we had a lot of issues due to the forwarder, covid or even some customers that were not home.
We are constantly evolving, the Indiegogo Campaign is now over and we are concentrating on helping all our customers for all our different projectors. That’s why this platform is not anymore only for the PPX Max but also for all our collections

2 Likes

I really hope you can improve your process. I just got a call from UPS that they will be doing a pickup but I didn’t get a notification that it will be done today. And the guy I talked too only knows my name and doesn’t know who requested the pickup. I have no way to confirm if the pickup is legit and actually from Philips. Any way I can know? For now I said we’ll schedule it tomorrow.

@Philips_Support_T

Hi @kugiigi, we have sent you a shipping label with the instructions yesterday. I think UPS courier was a bit too proactive, but please follow the instructions or send the projector with the courier tomorrow as you have agreed with UPS. Keep in mind that the shipping label will expire in 2 weeks. Have a good day,

1 Like

@kugiigi I have just checked all our communications with you and I have not seen any emails about return labels sent prior the return form was fulfilled. Jan 19 - we sent you the return form to fulfill, yesterday, a week later, Jan 27 - we have sent you a shipping label.

1 Like

Sadly, UPS haven’t contacted me again :sweat_smile:
I think the improvement on this part would be the wording in the email about the return email label. It should say that UPS will contact you and/or do the pickup within the next days so tell the user to prepare the parcel and the printed label. The current email just tells you here’s the label and seems to even tell me I should contact UPS myself.

Hi @kugiigi,that is true, we are asking you to please contact local UPS to organize pick up when it is convenient for you. Thank you.

I see but UPS contacted me first. Who initiated that?
And also I have no experience with a pickup so I don’t really know how to contact them or how to initiate it.

@kugiigi I am sorry, I do not know why UPS originally contacted you for the pick up. It is a third party. We have given the instructions in the email and we asking you to follow them. Contact local UPS and tell them that you would like to ship a parcel and you have a prepaid shipping label…