Will I be able to digitally zoom to make it fit on my screen?

I have camper trailer with a 16:9 40 inch wide screen 7 foot away from the projector. Now I know the displayed screen will be too big from that distance, but my question is will I be able to adjust it so that it still fits. I know it has a digital zoom capability, however I struggle to get any information on how good it is.

Also I wonder if the Picopix 2014 projector has the same digital zoom capability. I don’t care if the quality of the footage is slightly less good, I just need to make sure it would fit my screen from that distance.

PicoPix Max is a short-throw projector, the projected image width (not diagonal) is approximately 10" per feet. From 7 feet, you will get a 70" screen width. So you’d need to set the digital zoom to around 57% to get it down to 40".

The digital zoom can only go up to 80% of actual size on older batches of PicoPix Max (serial QS19- to QS20-), and up to 50% on more recent versions (serial QS21- onwards). So be careful when purchasing.

Indeed I am stock at 80% so I need everytime to zoom using the Kcorrection which is not optimal. Can this be addressed as a sofware update for old batches? No sure if it is fair to have such discrepancy in performances just due to serial number.

Hi @GiacomoR we’d have loved to increase the range of zoom also on older batches, but this is a limitation of the hardware. Some time later a newer version of the video chip was available which could do 50%.

However I have asked the engineering team if they can somehow still back port this feature. Let me get back to you with a confirmation.

2 Likes

I would really love this feature on my older model as well! I have problems fitting the projection in my living room with the limited zoom.