Working external battery pack?

This is the one I use, which is actually quite compact, and has dual USB-C outputs at 100W and 60W, either port works with the PPM!

On average it is getting me an additional 2-3 hours of battery life outside of the PPM internal battery.

https://www.amazon.ca/imuto-Portable-Charger-26800mAh-External/dp/B086JRFZ9D/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=ANU0KCXY3SOH&cv_ct_cx=imuto+power+bank&dchild=1&keywords=imuto+power+bank&pd_rd_i=B086JRFZ9D&pd_rd_r=d981c9b6-a682-43a1-87e4-4a1119a4e75d&pd_rd_w=N15EW&pd_rd_wg=KMyFt&pf_rd_p=43a9c4d1-127a-4491-8ea0-641567812f17&pf_rd_r=SS8D3NVX0MNQGTMNS7HV&psc=1&qid=1597678614&sprefix=imuto+power%2Caps%2C-1&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

Update 2: Charging with powerbank Flash 2.0, PPM switched off, via 100W output (15V4A)
From PPM 10% to 94% (powerbank 100% to 3%) in 2,5 hours.
That means with charging it prolongs round about 3 hours of streaming in normal mode without having the need of a socket.

2 Likes

I was testing the powerbank Flash2.0 of chargeasap with the PPM (see also the post above)

Results:

Output 100W (…15V4A, 20V5A)

• Using Flash2.0 as if the PPM is plugged in, bypassing, using brightness mode normal, streaming netflix via integrated app and wlan
    —> 64min streaming takes up ~ 86% of the powerbank
  • Charging with Flash2.0, PPM switched off, from PPM 10% to 94% (powerbank 100% to 3%) in about 2 hours.

Output 60W (…15V3A, 20V3A)

• Using Flash2.0 as if the PPM is plugged in, bypassing, using brightness mode normal, streaming netflix via integrated app and wlan
    —> 71 min streaming takes up ~ 93% of the powerbank
  • Charging with Flash2.0, PPM switched off, from PPM 10% to 90% (powerbank 100% to 3%) in about 2 hours.

That means:

• Using the Flash2.0 as if the PPM is plugged in, bypassing the PPM battery, provides 1 extra hour of streaming and watching (at higher brightness at socket-mode).
  • Charging the PPM battery with Flash2.0 prolongs round about 3 hours of streaming (at slightly lower brightness at battery-mode) without having the need of a socket.
1 Like

I can confirm that the Flash 2.0 charges the PPX perfectly fine. It could be however @Fuzz that because the PPX is getting the 15V 4A it goes into battery bypass mode, in which case it might not charge while the Flash is being depleted. In any case, it will have saved battery life then.

2 Likes

Thanks @sahagun-ffm and @IvoGrijt for confirming that is working!

2 Likes

@Fuzz For me it works well. My usecase at the moment is this setup:
The PPM is installed at a place where no electrical socket is in reach. So watching via PPM battery. When it is getting low, plugging in the Flash2.0 and recharging the PPM, resulting in 3 hours of watching PPM again. Meanwhile the Flash2.0 is charged fast, ready and on hold for the next recharge of the PPM.

1 Like

flash has an efficiency of ~ 70% at 20V / 5A and so you only have 14000mAh to charge … so we cannot fully charge the Pico to 100% with a fully charged flash

1 Like
1 Like

Hey, PhilipsIvo! My projector turns off after a couple of minutes when powered by a powerbank!
Use powerbank with output - 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/4,35A (max. 87W)
What is problem?

How much battery is left on the projector, is it completely drained? The projector needs 15V4A the 15V3A may not be enough to power and charge it at the same time, try using the power bank before the battery on the projector is totally drained and see if that helps, also what brand model is your power bank, in case the power bank is the problem then others can avoid it.

1 Like

In addition to the questions from @ThunderStrk above:
How have you ascertained that it’s being powered by the powerbank, does the LED turn red when you connect it?

Anyone backed?

I backed the previous one plus the super port and they works a treat

Cool. Ive backed this as i wanted a supertank anyway, so it worked out great.

What is the difference between this supertank pro and the original supertank which they are still selling?
And I see they now have a sale for the supertank and charger bundle on their site.

To be honest, ive no idea :flushed: In the UK the pro works out about £115 for the super earlybird, and that was cheaper than the current s’tank.

What I like in the pro, is the upgradeable firmware to support future devices, which im hoping means 15v4a as the max is still 15v3a (which is fine 99% of the time)

Ill have a look at them side by side maybe tonight, unless someone beats me to it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ok think I just found it on kickstarter

2 Likes

Thanks fella, didnt even notice there were no USB A ports, may need to get another cable for some of my older devices.

It actually comes with one USB C to USB a
A adapter

Btw I’ve been using the Zendure super port since I’ve had my PPMax. Never touched the included charger. And I couldn’t be happier.