Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play

First thing I did was turn the Sharpness down to 7% on mine, I’m going to try setting it to 0% based on your recommendation.

Perhaps it should have 0% as the factory default, what do you think @Philips_Support_P?

Absolutely, it should be set to 0%. It was only 50% so far, to not confuse people who update the software, and now suddenly see a ‘fuzzier’ picture. But out of the factory it should be 0%. We will do it.

A higher sharpness does improve legibility in some situations, though. Else we wouldn’t have this adjustment.

1 Like

Thanks @Philips_Support_P and @IvoGrijt - really appreciate the guidance from folks on the forum. My rather fancy Panasonic TV has now been relegated to the spare room. My two sons totally not getting why we’d ever want to use the TV again now that PPM has joined the family :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Please move this and the other persistency issue we discussed to the top of the 1.1.1 update to-do’s. I tried with the Sharpness at 50% and now I get why some people complain about their out of the box experience with the PPM and it’s internal video quality, which of course is different when using external inputs as the PPM does not apply any Sharpening to the image from those inputs.

Update. Based on a suggestion from a post on this forum I played around with the stream quality settings on the Prime app. Best quality bis almost unwatchable to me, however, the Better setting is a huge improvement and although the same content still looks better on the Firestick Prime app, it’s only marginally better. So hopefully all these native apps will improve over time.

Try these tips also:

1. Update to firmware 1.1.0, out today
  2. Set your Image Settings - Color Adjustments - Sharpness to 0%
  3. Don’t forget that a lot of streaming services failed down their bitrates and quality to conserve bandwidth now that everyone is working or consuming content from home due to lockdowns. It doesn’t explain why a FireTV stick has a better quality, but it could be a factor also.
1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt,

Just wanted to let you know none of the Amazon prime apps work. I tried all the options that you and other moderators mentioned, but the Amazon Prime app won’t work on Pico.
Let me know what details you need.
I created this topic on March 30 and still the app won’t work as it is supposed to. Thank you

Hi. My Amazon Prime app still just lets me watch trailers but not film with the updated firmware. For now I am using my second PPM on the original settings as I can’t get Prime to work.

Netflix, YouTube etc are fast and smooth, but Prime is just spinning circles.

I updated everything on one device- the one not working with Prime.

Have you updated the Amazon Prime app to the latest version in Aptoide? I had problems with it as well, but those all stopped when I updated the app.

My picopix just arrived and updated. Downloaded amazon prime aptoide, can’t watch movies but only trailer.
Try to install several versions without successo.
What can i do?
Thanks

Which Version did you install?
Thanks

I would kindly like to ask anyone reporting an issue with getting an app to work on the PPM, to include at least the following information in bold , if not all of the following:

Service: (what does it do, what is it for)
App Name: (name fo app)
App Version: (version number of app)
Source: (Aptoide Store, web page with URL, etc.)
Status : Working fully / partly / not at all (elaborate in notes if needed)
PPM Firmware version : a.b.c
Full HD: Yes or No
Remote Support: (Works with Standard remote, or tablet / mouse interface)
Notes: anything worth noting about the app, Settings, install procedure.

I updated to 1.1.0 but under Image Settings, all I have is Brightness and it’s set at 50%.

Moving the cursor keys on the AirMote Left-Right allows you to switch between the various settable parameters (Brightness - Contrast - Saturation - Sharpness), and once you’ve selected the one you want to adjust, you press the Up or Down keys to increase or decrease the values set.

Got it. Thank you.

It’s been buggy for me as well and to be honest, on more then just the ppm and it’s native app. I couldn’t even get into a video earlier today. Tried on a fire stick plugged in via hdmi and while it worked better, it wasn’t smooth either.

Hello Ivo,
I’ve tried the preinstalled Version of Amazon prime and i was able to see only trailer but it showed an error when i was trying to see the full movies.
Then I’ve tried to install several Versions of the 3… (not the 5…) from Aptoide, but none of them worked (you can scroll through the movies but when you want to select one it doesn’t do anything).
Thanks

1 Like

Can you post a picture of the error you see, along with the actual version you’re currently trying with?

Thanks Ivo for the quick reply
Ive deleted all versions, but the error message in the preinstalled Version was the same of Phania

Then tried several versions of prime 3… and just showed the outlines of the thumbnails and the title of the movie but when I clicked on it, nothing happened

Any suggestions?