Any case / bag is recommended for the PPM?

I will… In April when I get back from overseas and have time

Good question, my first thought is something roughly like this case made for the Nintendo Switch.
:space_invader: :briefcase:

No idea how well the PPM will fit in that case, but there are bags/cases like that for many products, so if you take your PPM to a an electronics/games or camera store, there should be something that fits it nicely.

Do u plan to have the tripod in as well?

Yes - I hope the tripod will fit as this case is slightly bigger than the one used by hari_dave
Lets see in 2 months when I receive it from China :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone!

I found this case and it seems that it will fit very well with the projector… only one question remains: what are the dimensions of the charger?

Check out the offer:

1 Like

This looks neat! Thank for your suggestion.

1 Like

I bought this pelican case for $40 from Best Buy. It has foam to cut out what you need and it works perfect!! https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pelican-vault-small-case-black/6351430.p?skuId=6351430

3 Likes

A nuclear football :joy:

Yeah, that’s excessive unless you’re not putting it inside a carry on or backpack maybe. I’ve been looking at these two cases, but both seem to have their shortcomings for my needs.

1 Like

I bought these two bags today. It could get everything of ppm there. And they are cheap. Around USD4 each. I could do some DIY job to make protection inside.

1 Like

6 Likes

No @DonJazz, you can’t just put those pics of that sumptuous case up and not put a link or name or anything else. That’s just not done man! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::exploding_head:

Edit: I see that you did indeed earlier on, my bad! :blush::innocent:
Looks great, wonder how that got out of China though! :thinking:

3 Likes

Hello,

@IvoGrijt, it seems he bought an eva case from the smartree (or other) brand on amazon and customizable foam separately.
He would have removed the original foam to add the other, previously cut to the dimensions of the ppm and its accessories.

@DonJazz Can you please confirm or give us some details on your achievement ? We will appreciate this approach, Thanks

That would be correct @William, he linked to the case earlier in the thread

I just don’t know if I want to order and wait for an item that has to come from China at this moment, which is why I’ve been looking at similar offerings from Amazon DE where I can replace the foam inserts with my own.

The foam was included in the case, Kind of semi cut in rectangles so you can easily remove what you want. Bought it of AliExpress, but like Ivo says, who knows how long it will take to arrive given the current circumstances…

1 Like

@IvoGrijt
Thank you, I was not very observant on this one… I hadn’t even seen it.

@DonJazz
Thx for details.

Wow, thanks for the suggestion. Looks great and from your hand-on pictures. I’ll definitely order this case.

Hi all,

I’ve just bought this case :

This 3rd picture is from Amazon, where the same product is sold by a German seller at 28,43€ + 9,99€ shipping…

Found here (French website for musicians) at 14,20€ (instead of 24€) + free shipping when order is over 20€ :

Characteristics

• Aluminium made
  • Inside covered with foam upside, downside, all around and including a modular foam thick sheet (little squares of foam to remove/add in order to shape things to secure)
  • colour: silver
  • external dimensions: 280 x 220 x 70 mm
  • Internal dimensions: 260 x 200 x 50 mm
  • Weight: 900 g

With this internal size, I intend to carry the PPM, the charger and its cable, the airmote, the tripod (the one included or another with similar size) and the Flash powerbank I backed on Indiegogo (even if I think I’m not ready to receive it…).

I’m going to receive the case normally on thursday.
I’ll review it here after configuring inside :wink:.

3 Likes

The peli 1170.
Waterproof crush proof dust proof.
The remote is underneath the zendur supertank. I take mine canoe camping, it’s bombproof

4 Likes

Hi all,

As said previously (here), I bought recently the Accu-case ACF-SW Mini.
See below pictures and configuration.

Front and back :

As you can see, there are pads on the back that allow you to put it on this side without scratching it.

Size compared with the tripod included :

The inside with the foam not customized :

(Customizing is removing small squares of partially pre-cut foam (which still fit between))

The challenge : put all these items inside and close it !

Well, pretty easy !

(but the battery cable only fits under the charger…)

After closing the upper side :

Closing buckles enclose tightly all the stuff between upper / lower / around side foams.

Last size comparison : the case near the projecting PPM itself.

And finally, my opinion about it :

• It’s definitely more an “urban case” than an “all road one”.
  • Everything furnished in the PPM delivery box fits inside and seems to be very tightly protected.
  • When I’ll received my future powerbank, I’ll have to think a bit about how to rearrange everything…

But for now, and for 14€, it does the job :+1: !

6 Likes