App installation from Aptoide doesn't work

Okay, tijd voor plan B

Plan B would be to download a couple of APK’s using your computer, copying them to a USB stick or SD card, and installing them using the File Manager.

The APK’s in question are APKPure, which is an APK installer / store; and SetOrientation, force the screen to landscape mode for apps like APKPure (unless you don’t mind putting the projector on its side while using APKPure). Once you’ve made sure the File Manager has the right permissions from above you can install these apps, and then allow APKPure the right to install apps as well

I’m not able to make a step-by-step guide at this moment, but if you can’t sort it out on your own let me know and I’ll help you with one.

Ivo, ik ga dit proberen maar heb jij voor mij de link waar ik deze APK kan downloaden?

Ivo, het allemaal gelukt! Heb de app’s gedownload van APKPure. Dus deze zal ik voortaan gebruiken om apps te downloaden. Ik kan dus Aptoide TV eraf ‘knikkeren’ of zal ik m houden als er weer een update komt, zodat hij wel gaat werken? Bedankt voor je inzet en hulp, wens je een fijne avond verder. Voor zover is dit probleem voor mij opgelost. Hartelijke groet Paul

1 Like

Misschien is er een update van Aptoide zelf, of bij een volgende firmware update geen issues meer.

hey ivo,
i tried both ways but none of them worked. i allowed aptoide to install, but nothing changed. i downloaded the xapk from apkpure, but i only get the message “There was a problem parsing the package”.
what else can i try.
best regards
ebbe

I’m starting to think that there’s something wrong with your network connectivity, which is why the Aptoide store itself doesn’t work properly and why you can’t download anything else.

Have you tried downloading the APK’s I mentioned on a computer, transferring them to a USB stick, and then installing them using File Manager?

Yes, that`s where I get the message “There was a problem parsing the package”.

I’m sorry, when you say

which step does “that’s” refer to exactly, 1, 2, or 3:

I downloaded an apk from apkpure, saved it on an usb storage, plugged it in the PicoMax and when trying to install it, I get the message. So, it comes at step 3.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m having this problem too and cannot update nor download from aptoide.

Was this issue resolved or did I miss a thread? Please help @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

Thanks!

Hari, yes it’s resolved, just use another app, directions are in the thread .

1 Like

Hey @Paul_Tromp_de_Haas @IvoGrijt,

I did read thru the thread and the below suggestion doesn’t work. Is the workaround for aptoide is to use apkpure instead? So aptoide won’t work at all?
Please let me know thanks!

Blockquote

My problem with troubleshooting this issue is that I don’t know enough about debug logs for Android devices to guide you to gather said logs, as I haven’t been able to reproduce these issues myself, my Aptoide store app works just fine.

Perhaps @Philips_Support_P or one of the other beta-testers have more experience in this area and can shed some light?

We have also not been able to repro this issue, though I fully believe some users are suffering from it (just like the HDMI-home-button problem).

I suspect it has something to do with the internet connection setup in the customer’s homes. I will post some instructions to help debug it. It was crucial in helping fix the ‘automatically going back to home screen’ bug so I hope we can fix this bug soon.

In other news we are still considering preloading another App Store.

3 Likes

Debug instructions in general would be great, then all we would need to specify in a thread needing them is the link to the instructions and a few variable parameters such as log file name or specific debug settings if any.

1 Like

Were you able to make the Filmin app work? In my case I can install the app and see the icons of the film, but not the film itself. Neither I can stream from my mobile phone :frowning:

Hi Aria, I had the same problem, but I solved it with the help of de moderator. You can follow the tread , I installed an other app for downloading the Filmin app. The name is APKpure, I can’t down apps from de Aptoide. Be sure remove the now installed Filmin app, and down load the new one from APKpure. Success!!

1 Like

Many thanks, I will try!

Hi all, had the same issue and the permissions for Aptoide TV to access the storage was not allowed anymore after the patch to the latest version. I allowed the access again and download and patching of apps works again.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue that nothing happens when I press install bottom. It is certainly not connectivity issues mentioned above since I didn’t have this problem with older version. It is not the app permisión thing either.
This is a nuisance and seems to be a recurring problem as per thread. And didn’t seem to occur in previous version,
I feel cheated and want my money back if Phillips cannot provide a simple quick solution.