Australia & New Zealand

The way I understand it, today (Sunday) is the last day before the travel period for people going home for New Year begins. As much as it would be good to get our PPMs this week, I don’t begrudge anyone going to spend time with family. Let’s hope our Backerkits get updated today, but I’m not expecting it.

Edit - the travel period might have already started.

1 Like

Any update on the units to NZ please? and any idea of how many backers here too? thanks

Safe to say the Australian orders missed out if the factory is closed with no mention in the latest notification? @Philips_Support_N

I’m still hopeful - our shipping shouldn’t have anything to do with production, and DHL are still working normal hours. Hopefully the NZ/Australian shipment happened on Friday @Philips_Support_N / @Philips_Support_P ?

5 Likes

Mmm. I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Yeah with the amount sooking going on over in the EU group about people receiving them out of order my guess is they went towards that to patch up the numbers.
Here’s hoping one of the team puts us out of our misery…

I’m on Contribution#3221 and still not receiving tracking id. looks like we missed out again

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P
Please can we have an update on what happened to the plan to ship to Australia/NZ on Friday? It feels like we’ve missed out again?

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_N - Did this end up happening?

We have had no communication on this and we are now into CNY?

@Philips_Support_N Please provide an update. What happened to the 500-700 units heading to AU/NZ? Were they sent to EU instead?

Would anybody know how to contact them for a change in address? We are moving house very soon, and if they are sending the PPM after 08 Feb, then we’d no longer be at the address I have registered in backerkit.

Halp!

It is so frustrating to hear that US backers in the 11,000 backer range are receiving their PPMs when we were advised that our shipment was happening on Friday. I’m resigned to the fact that the units that were described as ours were sent elsewhere, and that it will be late summer before we should get hopeful again. Please @Philips_Support_N or @Philips_Support_P, let us know what’s going on so we can get on with our lives!

2 Likes

Hi @Leighton6 I understand your frustration, but I’m in the tech team and don’t have any shipment info. Hope @Philips_Support_N can help.

Thanks @Philips_Support_P, I’ve looked back in this topic and @Philips_Support_N did indeed commit to keeping us updated. Looking forward to hearing what happened and how we can get priority when production resumes, given the previous commitments made.

@Philips_Support_N

And whatever happens to this commitment?
image001

I’m one of those backed this campaign in August. However, I didn’t see any commitments become true statement. It’s a shame to such a global brand not able to deliver what it committed

@Philips_Support_N this is good to hear thanks but we need to know what happened to the 500-700 units that you said were on the way to AU/NZ in the previous batch (at the end of last week). Did this happen or did we miss out again? I think the majority of backers don’t mind waiting but you could easily update us on the status of this. cheers

5 Likes

While we wait for @Philips_Support_N to reply, I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced the international shipping of a product to be SO hard? Quite aside from the crowdfunding and challenges with production, the issues with shipping seem to have taken everyone by surprise.

I think Philips usually deal with one shipment to one continent at a time. Maybe a handful of regional distribution warehouses, I don’t know. Then you but the Philips thing from the shop. But shipping 15,000 separate boxes to 15,000 separate locations around the globe to 15,000 increasingly impatient INVESTORS is a whole other mess, especially when you don’t actually have 15,000 units available to ship. It sounds complicated. I’m going to be pretty forgiving of the whole process. The only thing that’s got me pissed off is the lack of communication. We INVESTED about 900 bucks each. We just want to know what’s happening.

1 Like

They should be doing it per region in any case. Shipping them out individually in backer order was never going to work and anyone who thought that was going to happen was kidding themselves. For a company And with the large order amount it’s just not economical at all. If the EU order amount was so bigger then all other regions it should of been split into allotments the same size as other region Shipments and then by backer order.

If less Australians backed and it takes only something like the 700 figure we were given to cover the lot of us - then regardless of backer number it would just be too bad for the other regions.

My order number is relatively high so I expected a wait but I agree though that the communication is a killer - this isn’t some $20 product you expect way more transparency. I could get passed all the tech issues but leaving us in the dark after being so confident out shipment had gone out I’m not happy about.

1 Like