Australia & New Zealand

Usually Phillips is the manufacturer… Now they are the retailer. They have no idea how to do that…

To me it’s not clear whether Philips are actually involved in this project at all. The brand name is there, but is that company actually providing Screeneo with any assistance? Seems like overseeing QC and guiding global logistics are the sorts of things they’d be able to provide expertise on.

So finally got an answer from @Philips_Support_N in the EU shipping page. :joy: Oh well, probably March it is for us then.

Hi Guys, unfortunately the last pieces for NZ/AU have not been shipped to you guys because DHL told us it was too late before Chinese New year. In any case we will ask for a shipment just after CNY!
All remaining backers (worldwide) will be filled in February, begin March.

1 Like

Chinese New year is in 2 days, so shipment will be processed next week?

no, factories are closing 2 weeks. We will start again in 8th of February

1 Like

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

@Philips_Support_N Sorry I’m still not clear - are you saying that our units are waiting for DHL to start shipping again, and will be sent straight after CNY (early Feb)? Or did you send our units to other backers, and we have to wait for new units to be produced (March)?

I assume they shipped it to other countries as per thread above.

Further info if you haven’t noticed

https://screeneo.trydiscourse.com/t/new-shipments-after-cny/2021?u=icethrice

My read of @Philips_Support_N’S note above is that they’ll send our shipment straight after CNY. The other comments about production appear to be generic ones for everyone else. Clarification appreciated.

They previously said that the boxes for Australia were different as they needed a 4th plug adaptor. I would imagine those boxes were not “repurposed” to other countries which is why it makes sense that they are ready to ship after the CNY break.

2 Likes

What PhilipsNono was saying is that CNY - 25 JAN 2020. Everything in closed for 2 weeks. They will request DHL for shipment after the break.

CNY is a big thing in China, everyone is going back home/villages for family reunion

Hope that helps

GDay Aussies and Kiwis. Hey I haven’t bought a PPM yet, but just got the green light from the minister of finances. What’s the deal with Indigogo? It says about AUD$840. Is there any other fees we need to pay? I see a lot of discussion around import taxes etc?

I’m going to be stretching to pull this together so don’t want any nasty surprises.

1 Like

There’s a pretty good chance you’ll have to pay GST to DHL before they’ll deliver the projector, so +10% for AU. Hard to know for sure until they get around to shipping them to us but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t charged to DHL.

Thanks Toby, better to know now and be prepared. :+1:t2:

Any chance of the projector being infected by the corona virus?

I’m no scientist but from what I’ve read, most corona viruses can live on the surface of an object for only about 24hrs. Even if they were assembled by someone carrying the virus, it should be fine by the time it reached our shores. The issue I see is whether or not factory workers will even be allowed to travel back to Shenzhen by the time Chinese new year has ended. The World Heath Organisation has just stated that China must slow the spread of the virus by 60% if they are going to contain it. That might mean halting movement in and out major cities, like Shenzhen.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N, are you able to clarify if the AU/NZ projectors are already packed and ready to ship as soon as DHL reopens (whenever that may be) or did they get sent to other parts of the world? In which case we’ll have to wait a little (or a lot) longer for new projectors to be made?

4 Likes

I haven’t used Android before, but I’m sure you could instal an anti-virus program.

2 Likes

Hi,

Any updates on the Shipping to AU/NZ? It is the 10th of Feb and DHL should also be open today. Cheers!

1 Like