Autofocus stopped working suddenly, how should I do?

Autofocus stopped working suddenly, how should I do?

Please elaborate a bit more. Do you hear anything when you press the button, if you gently shake the unit do you hear a rattle inside, etc.

1 Like

My autofocus also stopped working suddenly.
I still works manually though by pressing left/right.
If I press the Autofocus button, it totally goes out of focus and stays that way. It does not try to focus.
The picture is focused very close to the projector and I have to press left to focus it. (the wall is aprox. 2 meters away)
So my guess is that the camera is not working? The camera is not obstructed in any way.

1 Like

This is exactly the issue I am currently facing.
@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P Any ideas? Is this a hardware failure?

1 Like

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P
I have the same problem. I did not change anything for weeks and used only hdmi - except that I sometimes switched to android to autofocuse when the hdmi picture had details in a limited area only. The ppm also was not moved or touched in the last months. Today the autofocus broke exactly as described by my fellow backers above.

1 Like

Same issue here, suddenly, after pressing the autofocus button, I can hear the autofocus begin 1sec, all blurry, and stop working. I can manually adjust it, luckily. Nothing moves inside…

1 Like

I had that problem a few months ago and did a factory reset.
Since then never had that problem again

2 Likes

I just tried a factory reset but the focus is still broken.

Same here, just tried a factory reset too, stayed on 1.2.1 version (not first firmware) et same problem…

I’ve got the same issue
Any idea to fix it?

1 Like

Hi,

Since updating to the latest software version I am experiencing the same issue. There are several things that I’m seeing.

1. Autofocus not longer focuses properly.
  2. Pressing left and right can’t reach a satisfactory sharp result but the focus does respond. Somehow it can never get sharp this way.
  3. Focus is different between the software menu and input. It can be fairly sharp in the menu and then when switching to HDMI it’s very blurry.
  4. Top right corner seems consistently the most out of focus.

Not sure if I should downgrade (how?) or if it’s something more serious. Quite worrisome that more people are experiencing similar problems.

1 Like

Hi
I am also experiencing these issues, was there a solution to this? It seems to also be since the November update.
Thanks
Jo

The same problem of focus here after the new update…
Any solution for fixing it?
Thanks alot!

Manuell focus doesn’t work either.

Hi, if i press autofocus it re-focuses but stays out of focus slightly so i have to adjust it by pressing ca. 2-3 times the left or right buttons.

Is there a fix to it?

Nope.

Same problem here

I have the same problem: I press the autofocus button, it seems to start, but then it stops.
Autofocus manually works.

1 Like

Any one have ideas about how can I do manual forcus without remote controller?

1 Like

My auto focus has also stopped focusing correctly. After clicking the auto focus button, the projector attempts to focus, but ends up with a blurry projection. The sensor in front of the projector is clean and not obstructed in any way.

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N Any update on this? Seems many people are experiencing focus issues after updating to 1.2.1.

1 Like