Buzz noise when not using lowest brightness settings

Could you check the sharing of the audio file? At least I couldn’t access it.

1 Like

Fixed the link, thx for pointing it out

There’s second recording, which might be better audible noise2.wav - Google Drive

I hear the same buzzing noise but only when I am super close to it. It bothers me less than the fan noise from before.

2 Likes

I’ve been using it a little bit and it really occurs only when charger is connected, no matter of the brightness setting. And it’s clearly coming from the light source, when it switches to draw power from adapter. I still find it quite annoying, sadly got noone around to compare it.

Should I make new thread?

1 Like

No, why, is this one not serving your needs?

I’ve also noticed this sound, I had been testing with FW 1.0.32 which had the fan noise reduction and did not have this extra noise. It is so apparent that I even thought at first that the adaptive fan control did not make it into the FW 1.1.0 version, and reported this. It’s only after your post that I tested and indeed discovered it’s coming from the light engine when powered. I know this as indeed it only starts when the light output becomes brighter when powered, a second or so after plugging in.

I’ll downgrade to 1.0.32 later this week to see if this changes anything.

2 Likes

I heard it too. Now I use eco mode on battery.

Yeh I’m getting the buzz noise when plugged in, & goes away when turned off it’s abit annoying & normal mode the noise level fan hasn’t really changed much

So hopefully it’s solvable through tweaking FW :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve made mention of this issue in the beta section after extensive testing last night, so the tech team will have a look.

3 Likes

Hi all, we are looking into it.

From a personal point of view, I can just barely hear it on my unit if I put my ears right on the projector. It sounds like PWM resonance, which is quite normal for electronics that control the brightness using pulse width modulation. It is then amplified by the fan and the enclosure.

However I’m in touch with the engineers to check if there’s something we can do to reduce it.

3 Likes

Does this depend on the plugged in/out status?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: V1.0.32 (pre-1.1.0) now available for beta testing

But this doesn’t appear when the device is not plugged to the power source :confused:

1 Like

I concur, and in my opinion only started since FW 1.1.0.

Hi all, an engineer has been assigned and we are currently investigating.

2 Likes

Audible hum/buzzing when both headphones and charger are both connected. Obviously quite annoying.

Buzzing goes away when usb-c charger is unplugged. Is this due to poor shielding?

How do I fix this…?

2 Likes

Any ideas?

Does the power plug have grounding? If it does, are you plugging it into a power socket that also has grounding?

Hi @slh83 Although I’ve moved your post to this thread which is about buzzing noise in general, I think your specific issue is due to the power plug not being connected to an outlet with proper grounding. Can you try another power outlet? If you have any other USB-C charger, can you please try that?

1 Like