Buzz noise when not using lowest brightness settings

Off topic I know but: The earth pin is needed because on UK sockets there is a shutter that stops anything being poked into the live and neutral holes unless the earth hole has already been filled. The earth pin is both longer and thicker than the live and neutral pins. This is a double safety measure as it both stops children being able to zap themselves quite so easily (vs the older round unfused three pin plugs we used to use), and also means that for appliances where an earth is required, the earth pin is always in contact before the live or neutral, thus hopefully stopping a faulty appliance from electrocuting people.

3 Likes

I have this buzzing noise also only when connecting to power and it’s not only on eco it’s all modes
This noise is coming from inside the ppm

Can someone check if this noise comes when ppm is fully charged? Does this buzz come when fully charged and battery bypass kicks in ?
my battery is 70% have red light and buzing on eco normal and pres

Haft to agree did not notice this before

I always had it, but then mine has been returned for the moment.

I noticed it usually when the battery was charged. I’m not sure if it was only 70% and up, but it was definitely not making the noise when first plugged in. And yes, on all settings.

I have made recording of the noise
First off battery mode eco then connecting
Power cord
Need listen to the file high volume
The noise is higher in real life than recording
Could not upload wav so its shared link (the buzz comes 12 sec in)
https://s.amsu.ng/W2ZJOjFr2kzN

1 Like

anything new? :slight_smile:
im still worried about both buzzing noises:

1. ac adapter while plugged in
  2. inside ppm while connected to ac and 4th lamp kicks in / brightness changes
1 Like

yes we need some answers this seems to be a noise when electric current is higher than needed ?

i have tested many outlets here all same and other gadgets never sounds like this except for a transformer brick to my 3d printer

When circuits get overloaded and can’t turn off, they make noise , and so do damaged and loose wires. Humming or buzzing at the circuit breaker can also signal the formation of an electrical arc—which is every bit as dangerous as it sounds.

https://www.calltoptech.com/hearing-an-electrical-hum-or-buzz/

1 Like

any news / answers regarding the two buzzing noices?

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_3

1 Like

Still waiting for answers / support towards my question.

@PhilipsNono @Philips_Support_3 @IvoGrijt

Hi, I’ve been noticing that there’s a pretty loud noise goin on with my picopix Max power adapter. What to do?

Does the noise come from the adapter itself or from the ppm when it is plugged in?

Any update on this buzzing issue @Philips_Support_3 @PhilipsNono? Thank you.

1 Like