Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

I’ve been waiting for about a month for answers to the same questions and it looks that more and more users are experiencing this issue, so it should be quite high on the priority list. I really hope that we get an adequate answer from the source soon.

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, but I’ve been on system version 1.0.29. I haven’t been able to update to the newest version until just now, because I couldn’t get it to charge above 30% battery level, and it wouldn’t do the update even while plugged in to power. To make it even more fun, if I unplug my cable (using factory supplied cable and plug) and reseat it, the light goes solid red; but then roughly 30 minutes later, it’s flashing blue/red again. Unplug & reseat: red. 30-ish minutes later: blue/red. And it only just now charged to some level above 30% (I don’t know how much, because I can’t find a way to turn on the battery %) despite multiple attempts at overnight charging. I’ve sent in an email with the requested subject line. Here’s hoping a solution is offered soon. I’m hoping I don’t miss the entire summer/fall outdoor movie season waiting for a fix. =(

1 Like

@Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt i need some help here. I received my ppm yesterday. I put it on the original charger and i turn it on. The blue red light was flashing. 5 minutes later the ppm run out of battery and shut down.i tryed to turn it on again but it wasnt open. i thought it was the battery so I leave it closed and charge it. At the beginning the red light was solid but i notice that around 15 minutes later it started the blue red light. I disconnect the charger and i try it again. After 15 minutes it startet again rhe same issue. I changed the charger with my macbook which has the same voltage and the same thing happened again. I never manage to turn the ppm again. Any ideas?

1 Like

Update : 05/07/2020

I had stopped using the faulty projector for almost a week now, as a precaution to prevent any damage to the battery from the issue.

it was completely drained when i took it out yesterday, charged it overnight.

Battery was at 98% when I switched it on (still plugged in) today morning, but the projector powered off as soon as cut the power and won’t switch on with the battery. Still works plugged in (battery shows 0% charged).

Going to get it replaced, before it bcomes a brick.

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_P
I had exactly the same problem, I stopped using it for 3 days, by plugging it in this morning, it was solid red for 10s then it alternated between red and blue. So I turned it on and it said 100%. The moment I unplugged it, it immediately went out.

Uploading: IMG_7582.MOV…

my post disappeared after the merge of the group

I received a return ticket ID through support@screeneo.com but I want to see if it get solved in the next update, before sending in my PPM for replacement.

I’m not sure. This could either be a hardware or a firmware issue. The fact that it charges OK when powered down would indicate that the charging circuitry is operational. Does it charge in 3 hours or so or does it take significantly longer?

1 Like

I am not sure. I need to test that. Usually I just plug it in and walk away. Never tested how long it takes.

1 Like

We’ve received many similar reports of this problem. Initial research seems to point to faulty battery. The charging status is hard-wired, a software update is unlikely to solve it. FWIW my own unit is also exhibiting this problem so I know it in detail. I will update this thread as soon as I have more info.

5 Likes

Thank you for this information.

Please let us know when you are certain, because we are waiting on this decision in order to send the device back for replacement or wait for a fix.

1 Like

update of 8/07/20, the PPM displays 100% but switches off immediately when it is disconnected. It now works exclusively on plug.
I tried a few tips, but without result.
Hope that with my ticket, I will return it quickly (any estimation for Round trip from France ?):slightly_smiling_face:

[July 9, 2020 Update]
I decided to return my PPM for a replacement rather than wait, so went ahead and filled out the “Return Request Form” as instructed by support@screeneo.com.
On the “Return Request Form”, I also filled out “preferred pick-up date”. The DHL guy showed up today to pick-up my PPM and was asking for proper documents to ship/return the PPM, which I haven’t received yet from Philips/Screeneo.

When can I receive the proper documents to ship/return my PPM via DHL for a replacement?

Support Ticket #: Request #24369
Backer ID: 15583826​
Contribution ID: 16137

Hello Samuel,

My projector was picked up by DHL yesterday, right now it waiting for delivery in Hongkong.

depending how fast they check process and allot a new projector i would say 1 to 1.5 months if there are no hickups in between.

[Update July, 10, 2020]
I received an email yesterday from support, saying that there was a misunderstanding with DHL and received my return shipping label yesterday as well. Currently waiting for the DHL guy to call me to arrange a pick-up.

1 Like

Any update on the red/blue blinking with the new update?

1 Like

Any changes to the issue after the latest firmware update?

1 Like

Same situation, DHL was at my home but I didn’t have any label. I wrote an email to Philips support and I hope it will be done tomorrow.

@thk @Ajith_Ambalakat I’m not able to answer you, my PPM is right now on his delivery package but I’m curious about the answer, if the update solved it our not.

No it hasn’t.
I’ve had the same problem. New firmware installed yesterday. No difference. Same issue
I am in contact with customer service to return PPM

I’m extremely disappointed. I’m one of the early backer and received the projector early in the year. Due to having my own entertainment setup, I hardly use this picopix max projector. I was charging my projector today and experience the exact same issue. The projector is on the latest software and I have also done a factory reset. Still getting the same result. Battery not fully charging and stuck at 83%.

Already sent an email to support. Pending for a reply.