Control PPMax with a dedicated App

Hi @enriques the app will not support text input initially.

Our suggestion is to get a Bluetooth keyboard and pair it to the projector. A USB keyboard should work just as well. You might also be able to install a Bluetooth remote app if you have an Android phone – it’ll turn your phone into a bluetooth remote+touchpad+keyboard, which you can then pair with the projector.

Any sort of ETA? I notice there arent any replacement remotes, so this will be a last resort for some to activate the focus?

Also, a keyboard wouldn’t very useful for copy/pasting long passwords from a password manager. Every time an app is updated I need to enter a 20 character alphanumeric password, which is a pain with the onscreen keyboard…

@Philips_Support_P Please look a Nebula Connect app - it work like charm with Nebula Capsule and do everything what we like do to with PPMax

Kodi is my go to app on the projector and the Kodi mobile app works like a charm - so all i need to do is turn on the projector, launch kodi (not looked for a “from boot app” to launch Kodi on boot yet ) and turn off - the rest is from my mobile. If i can find a launch on boot app like there is on android then the remote will simply be to power up and down. I appreciate that others use loads of different apps so this is not a fix all

Nice but you can still only control Kodi not the interface of the PPMax

is this feature dead in the water or is it being worked on still?

4 Likes

Since there’s no response to the previous post I’m gonna bump this one…

3 Likes

Bump, reviving this as I would still like this please! Remotes are old school and the typing functionality is painful on the airmote!