Subtotal €439
Shipping  €29
-------------
Total €468
1 Like

plus tax again

was the tax lower or higher?

1 Like

A bit higher, as price is higher than €399. But it’s the same rate.

Does anybody know anything about when devices ordered under this offer will be shipped? And if they are shipped from China or from a warehouse closer to the destination?

They will be shipped once we’re done shipping the regular campaign orders, and will be shipped from China most likely.

2 Likes

I filled out the form to get “One for the road” but I didn’t get any reaction. I also checked my backerkit account, but there is nothing in it.
Is this normal and I just need to wait for the postman ? :wink:

The process is not automatic. It takes a bit of time (I think in my case was about one day) for the reply with link to payment to come in my inbox.

Aren’t they sent always from China? Or are you trying to say that this time also European backers have to pay custom tax?

This was not the case during the campaign, because you send them to a warehouse and from there to the backers.

The person posting before my answer was asking if they would be shipped from China or a warehouse closer. I responded that they would be shipped from China, as they always have been so far. The EU shipments are indeed shipped in bulk to the EU and are only really held at a warehouse overnight, not stocked for later individual reshipment but almost immediately picked up in bulk by DHL for further distribution.
Perhaps in the future we may keep stock in Philips warehouses closer to or in each market, but usually the distributors do that sort of stock keeping I think.

1 Like

Thanks, can you conclude what this may mean for custom duty tax for European customers of the +1 offer?

2 Likes

I am actually also curious

The EU shipments will probably use the same route as during the campaign, with the same import tax implications.

2 Likes

Hi @IvoGrijt,

Thanks for his update.

When I ordered one for the road, IndieGoGo displayed estimated shipping July 2020. Reading this forum, I see there are some issues that might arise around shipping and can delay the device even more.

In order to get a bit of visibility, to manage expectations and to avoid checking this forum every day to see if there’s any news about a new batch, can you please enquire when June orders will be shipping, please?

Doesn’t matter if it is this week or at the end of August, again this is just to manage expectations.

Many thanks again,
Ali

1 Like

This issue was already addressed on this forum (most likely not this thread though)
The shipping for “one for the road” offer has lower priority. All the others have to be delivered first and currently Screeneo is facing some difficulties with the forwarders.

You can look at this post written by Ivo for more details.

1 Like

how does one apply for “one for the road” offer?

Hi @dragos,

My issue wasn’t addressed in this thread indeed, neither on this forum at the time I posted the question.
I was, kindly, asking for an estimate “aka some rough estimate date”, not something relative aka “it will be after the ones before ship” - which is pure logic.

Re: @IvoGrijt answer on this other post, has partially answered my question

On another topic, coming back to your opinion, aka “something is a lower priority than something else” or approximative wording: “all the others have to be delivered first”, I’d prefer that you refrain replying to my questions because:
(1) your answers can be inaccurate
(2) you are not a Philips employee and so far don’t have access to the most up to date information
(3) you sometimes use a harsh tone in your replies (in others’ posts)

Manufacturing, shipping and delivery are 3 different things.
While the forwarder has issues to ship and deliver the devices, it doesn’t mean that the “ones for the road” are not :

• being manufactured or
  • on-hold at the forwarder to be shipped with the next batch or the one after, etc.

Now, because in a company manufacturing, shipping and delivery move in parallel, my question is still relevant. Again this is all to manage my (and fellow readers) expectations - so one doesn’t have to spend his life checking/pulling updates.

1 Like

@mvonbadorff there was an e-mail/newsletter send by Screeneo through Indiegogo on the 23rd of June 2020, with a link to a form where you would apply for it and then after a few days you would get a reply with a link to a secret perk on Indiegogo.

As far as I can see now, the offer did expire (the form is not active anymore).

1 Like

Hi @ali

I am definitely happy my reply did help you get at least a partial answer to your question. See? My reply was yet not in vain.

I get your point! Also I can tell the Screeneo team was avoiding lately to give any clear estimations for deliveries due to the problems they have with the forwarders. For as long as they cannot rely on what the forwarder is saying, they can’t issue any commitment based on unreliable information provided by the forwarder.

And yet, that is exactly what Screeneo employees posted on this forum before. I know it for a fact it is difficult to find information on this forum, I am just doing my good deeds for the community helping out getting faster to the information already posted/discussed about on this forum.
After all, the less time the Screeneo’s employees have to spend answering the same thing over and over again, the faster our shipment problems can be handled by them.

True, yet, as previously stated, information that was already provided by Screeneo employees and is relevant to one’s question, can still be useful/helpful :wink:
What we as a community know so far, is the schedule for the current shipments is unsure and there’s even a chance the forwarder will have to be changed (you already saw Ivo’s post on this subject), which will also cause some extra delays. In which case, an estimation of “when the One extra for the road” offer will be shipped is at this very time, mission impossible.

I do apologize if I seemed harsh in my replies to someone else.
Yes, I do speak my mind as clearly and honest as I can. In the link you posted here, I was merely holding someone responsible for lies and misinformation spread on this forum, I was not even by far being harsh, I was asking for arguments to sustain the misinformation that person posted on this thread before. And as you can see, no feedback is provided. A classical troll.

I’m totally with you on this. Permanently checking and pulling updates is getting one (sick and) tired. And this is exactly why I’m trying to help you, guys, finding faster the answers that were already (at least partially) provided.
So, let’s see what was already discussed here on this subject:

1. They will be shipped once we’re done shipping the regular campaign orders

2. We are still making some for the One for the Road offer, plus everyone who is still not fulfilled or who needs a replacement unit. So if you want to get one via the One for the Road offer please decide quickly.

About the point 2, useful to know, the form to apply for the “One for the road” Offer is already deactivated (checked it 15 minutes ago)

1 Like

Ali, one thing I’ve learned in this campaign is that there are those who can handle estimates not being fulfilled as promised, and others who can’t.

I’ve come to a point where I don’t give estimates anymore that are not dependent on my own actions, as even those can be off, but at least I know I am the one to blame and who has to manage the expectations.

Anything involving the shipping should go according to the first come, first serve rule, the backing order. But logistical grouping and service outages due to the corona pandemic meant that many people were skipped for a later moment than they should’ve been based on backing order alone.

For me personally the focus is on delivering the units to all of those backers who’ve been with us all along and still are waiting. If that’s underway and happening, and we got them all in a batch and also have the option of sending O4tR units in that shipment, for sure we won’t delay on the O4tR units. But my focus is on the regular backers first.

In theory we could fulfill everyone within 2-3 weeks, I think we have enough stock. But we need the forwarder to do what we ask(ed) of them, and that’s where the shoe has been wringing lately. And that uncertainty is why I try to not give estimates anymore.

2 Likes