For those waiting for replacement units

Day 84 since I reported my faulty projector. It has been one week since my projector was received. I’m seeing that projectors are being delivered in Australia. So much for people with broken projectors receiving their first.

2 Likes

Since the previous thread was unlisted. Backer ID 1913 and still waiting for my unit.

Me too. I’ve had the usual emails from support:
First one says “We’ll send your return papers tomorrow “
Second one says “We’ll send your return papers next week”
And then they stop responding.

1 Like

@cjwilber the IGG campaign raised over $10mn. Wonder how much of that is product that hasn’t been delivered.

I have removed the contact/private info and re-listed this topic.

I have checked once again, only 9 (nine) people out of the 75+ labels we sent to non-EU customers, have sent their PicoPix Max back to the warehouse. Now this forwarder is also about to stop accepting any more shipping labels due to large number of expired labels.

@MrBiology probably you were one of the 9 who shipped it back, it looks like the shipment list was prepared before your unit arrived. So it should be in the next shipment. (this is my guess… I don’t handle shipping)

For the EU customers, after GDPR formalities, all the names have been sent to the forwarder last week, they promised all shipping labels will be generated and ready to send on Monday. But until today no progress.

This is all the update I have at the moment. I will update as I find out more. Thanks.

1 Like

Contact information is found on the Philips website and is public. Andrew Mintz is the SVP responsible and his name is in a press release issued by your company so that’s also public. The list is a little old and the Head of IP and Standards is no longer Brian Hinman but a new chap called Clement Revetti.

Yes but this forum has half a million visitors and this thread has several thousand. I’m sure you understand that the execs won’t appreciate their contact details proliferated here.

In other news, as of this afternoon our CEO, and the Director of Consumer Care, are looking into this now. @Georgeleecc also specially for your shipment (serial …01218?) (and the other 8), as I confirmed your unit is already delivered back to us. @MrBiology your shipment (serial …513?) is still marked yellow in the list, looks like it’s not confirmed received. This can be because it’s delivered but not made its way to the right department at the warehouse. @cjwilber and @Armando_Monda yours are still pending the shipping labels along with most of Europe. DCC is on phone with the forwarder now.

Also, 6 Canadian return shipments are pending. The first 3 we sent were not picked up.

I’ll keep you guys updated.

2 Likes

You’ve been great @Philips_Support_P
I appreciate you taking time to respond. You’re far better than the Helpdesk and I do try not to take advantage of that. :slight_smile:

I need to talk with someone in authority. I have confirmation of delivery through FedEX. This is unacceptable. I reported the problem on December 31, 2019. No one could tell me what to do. I had to submit proof of my claim, which I did. That wasn’t enough. I had to ship back my projector but it took months to set up the return by the company. Now, there is no record of my return? Please have someone in authority contact me. I am not asking for a reply through this system as the moderators have repeatedly claimed that they have no authority and direct access to information. I have noticed that you no longer show that those with faulty projectors (Broken AF) will be the first to receive projectors. It appears that you are shipping by full container so individual replacements will have to wait until a full container will be sent to the country where the person who received a faulty projector lives.

1 Like

Hi @MrBiology you are inferring a lot from my post. All I said was that it’s still marked yellow, it doesn’t mean “there is no record”. We have the tracking number showing it’s delivered already. I’m just passing along the info you’re not able to get from the help desk, I have direct access to it and can check some info. But I don’t have access to the warehouse and shipping.

And someone who’s at the highest level of authority is looking into it, in particular yours and the few others whom I tagged above, and more generally the whole EU returns situation.

2 Likes

Eight days after it was delivered, it is not confirmed received. This process is approaching three months. May I be contacted by the highest authority when he/she has discovered why this is happening? You had no plan to return on how to return the faulty items. It took weeks to just issue return emails. We kept getting false information on when things would happen. Now, eight days after my projector was delivered, you still haven’t confirmed that you received it. I would like to talk to a manager.

While I understand your frustration, have you taken into account the less than normal times we have been living in lately?

@IvoGrijt. @MrBiology like myself and many others were directed to this forum as a channel to Philips/Screeneo. We are seeking resolution of our cases with Screeneo/Philips.
Are you a member of staff of Screeneo/Philips or are you authorised to speak on behalf of them to address this matter or any other issues raised on this channel? If you are not any of the above, then your questions or statements would be very inappropriate. As a beta tester your contribution to others would be best served from fulfilling your role as a beta tester and your experience with the product that others are still waiting to receive and I am sure will be more appreciated.

I do not work for Philips or Screeneo as in I’m not on their payroll, no. But I have been appointed moderator and in that function I do work for this community forum.

My comment came as a backer to a fellow backer, just like you’ve been spamming the forum with your opinions and with information on how to contact people higher up in the Philips organization, I’ve asked @MrBiology whether he has taken the virus outbreak effects into consideration. As a fellow backer I’m just as entitled to ask him that as you are to post about your own frustrations with the campaign.

First off - being a backer is a relationship between you and the creator of the campaign not other backers. Nevertheless, you are correct - you are entitled to your opinion even if it is spamming the forum with your opinion about the frustrations of others.

1 Like

And there you go. Another week whistles by without collection arranged.
9 weeks after faulty device delivered
Multiple failed communications followed by a false dawn of hope and then …
8 days after “It will be with you tomorrow”
7 days after “It will be with you next week”

Oh well. Maybe next week.
Stay safe everyone.

I most certainly have taken into account the less than normal times we have been living in. I informed the manufacturer of the problem on December 31, 2019. Times were normal back then and production was rolling. I had to prove with pictures and video that the problem existed and to show pictures of the box to see if it was because of the shipper. The box was pristine. I was the first to post that there was a clunk when I turned the projector upside-down. It took weeks for Phillips to figure out how to get it returned and they didn’t trust me to send a replacement unit, even though I trusted them with my money to put this project into production. Thanks for supporting us by sending us your money but we don’t trust you when you send us proof of a faulty unit. Time seems to have been wasted as they were setting up distribution centers on different continents. I was told that they would get back to me right away. I saw notices of emailing the return labels and the could only do 20 per day and that I would probably get mine in a day. A week later - nothing. When they finally emailed my label, I took it down to the FedEx store and shipped it. It was within an hour of receiving the email. I tracked the progress, which I assumed that Phillips would do also. The day it was received in Hong Kong, I received another email with a label to print asking me to send my projector back. Eight days after my projector was received, I find out that Phillips still hasn’t confirmed receipt of my faulty product.

Thank you for your concern. Why weren’t replacement units set aside so they could send them out as soon as they received our faulty unit back? Why has it taken my questioning to alert the person handling this that tracking information from the shipper showed the unit had been delivered which didn’t match with the information they had showing it hadn’t been confirmed that it had, in fact, been received? Why have shipping spreadsheets been messed up over and over? I need to talk with someone in authority and not someone who diffuses the problem with shipping promises that don’t come true. We were told that we would be the first to receive our units. I need someone who actually knows what is going on to give me a truthful prognosis. I am a backer and I deserve the respect of an honest answer. I would like to be contacted by someone in authority to get this resolved.

1 Like

Hello all, I have to un-list this topic again, because the executive team has been receiving multiple emails.

Let me explain again everything I know:

It’s going to begin with Covid-19, because in all honesty, this is the reason. The defective units need to be shipped back to a collection point and forwarded to the supplier. It was a management decision to only ship replacements after receipt of the defective unit (and you’ll see why).

However due to complete China closure until late February, our supplier could not activate and provide us the warehouse addresses until much later than expected. At approximately the end of February we set up 3 different warehouses, and the shipping forwarder generated the first 10 shipping labels. Unfortunately they sent not just 10 shipping labels but also 3 copies of each invoice and two 15-page battery safety documents. Then they asked us to call each customer and ask them to print these and schedule the pickup. This was untenable for both our team, and our customers. So we contacted another forwarder, and cancelled the 10 initial labels. Some of those 10 people (I am assuming Georgeleecc was among those) did anyway ship their devices.

The 2nd forwarder turned out to be even worse – instead of generating these documents, they required the customer to generate the label themselves using an account number, plus print 25 pages of documentation. We sent another 10 test customers, many of whom shipped it back but some people contacted us saying their local TNT office did not recognize the account number.

We went back to the 1st supplier who refused to continue on account of the previously cancelled 10 labels.

10 more days have passed by now, 5 days for 1st forwarder and another 5 to deal with the 2nd one. As most offices were operating at much reduced capacity, it could not be sped up further.

A third forwarder was selected. This was already 10th of March, but as the (now removed) internal correspondence I posted showed, again due to Covid-19, their HK office had severe capacity limitation. There were only 2 people in the office, one of them was assigned to Philips order. This person managed to generate around 75 shipping labels over a few days. These were all non-EU customers as the data was ready. These labels were sent to all non-EU customers.

For the remaining around 60-70 EU customers, we needed to get GDPR consent which was initially forgotten (the first 30 people). Once all GDPR consent was collated, the 2nd list was sent to the forwarder last week.

However, in the meantime, of the labels sent on 11/12/13 March, only 22 people shipped their devices and only 9 have made it back to us (as of Friday).

Now the 3rd forwarder is also unwilling to continue generating 60 more labels while so many pickups are still pending. I don’t know why this matters; in the words of the person dealing with this: “those shipping label will be over due and we need pay FEDEX the handle charge.”

Meanwhile for Canada, the forwarder requested export clearance number (first time we hear of such a requirement). We immediately checked the relevant laws and informed them that such a clearance isn’t needed for items < $2000 or those being sent for repair. Despite this, after 1 week, FedEx did not succeed to generate any label. So someone from our Swiss team used our own shipping account to generate 3 out of 9 Canadian labels last week. None of them have sent their units back so far.

So there might be a 4th forwarder now for EU pickups, although the logistics team keep negotiating with the 3rd one to continue generating these labels.

Meanwhile all customers whose defective units reached us already, or at least was picked up already, are supposed to be in the last or the upcoming shipment. Our employee handling this part of the communication (informing customers about their return status) is not in office this week. The other agents are technical and don’t have visibility on the document to answer the status. However I had access to this list so I checked some of the people posting in this thread what their status was. As the right employee was out of office, for some of you the status hasn’t been updated in this file.

There was a C-level meeting on Thursday, as I mentioned the Director of Consumer Care is now handling this matter. So all this should be solved soon.

I hope this provides some clarity. All of us are in lockdown since last week, staff capacity is minimal at the moment. I would appreciate if you can avoid sending further emails to the Philips GBL execs. Thanks.

2 Likes